Where to find a good selection of tubes in Canada?
Dec 22, 2008 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wolf18t

100+ Head-Fier
Will build the SOHA II and would like get some nice 12au7 for tube rolling. Where to get them in Canada, online and correct price?

Been burned by excessive UPS brokerage fees last time I ordered some Toshiba BJTs from B&D. That plus the extra international shipping and that's another good reminder to buy north of 47th whenever possible.

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 7
I have looked at tubes on ebay listed by a seller in Toronto named eskimofridge(matter of fact I am looking at them right now).
His tubes are not cheap, some are cryo.
HLR-Electron-Tube-Sales

EDIT:?You know I really don't know if his tubes are cheap or a good deal, he does have au7's though.

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks Digger that's what I was looking for. Not cheap but if they sound good that's what matter.

BTW I don't think I will ever go higher than 75-100 bucks for a tube. This price range seems more collector price or would be more appropriate to high end preamp than a good DIY headpnone amp.

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi!

What follows is a link I copied from the Mapletree Audio Design website. The Doctor links Canadian reseller for tubes! One from B.C and one from Quebec!

MAD Links

regards,

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back