Where to buy Arcam CD73 on the Internet?
Jan 21, 2004 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

seefeel

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know an online store that sells the new Arcam CD players at good prices and has very good, reliable customer service and support?

Jan 22, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 4
Don't know if this will help, but here's how I got my 72T, which I think had an even higher msrp than the 73. I called all over the place, asking for what price they'd sell it to me. I found one installer that would give it to me for $699. I took this to my local dealer, who said he would match. Then, I noticed they had a demo model in the finish I prefered and asked how much play it had. He answered that it probably had less than 10 hours use, but that he'd give it to me for $599. He even offered to toss in the Transparent power cable for free. I jumped on the deal.

I guess what I'm saying is that, to the best of my knowledge, Arcam restricts online sales (at least I can't find any), but that you might be able to get a hold of one for a very decent price if you shop around and if you don't mind a demo model.

By the way, I've heard that the 73 is a sonic improvement over mine and it has the advantage of having two outputs, which mine doesn't.

Jan 22, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #3 of 4
It seems to me that a lot of high end companies like Arcam restrict internet sales. That really sucks for us guys out in the sticks.
I bought an Arcam used off of Audiogon.

Jan 22, 2004 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 4
Arcam definitely restricts internet sales and discounting as well (excluding demos). But having said that, with the present condition of most high end audio sales, most of the US distributors these days kind of look the other way.

I'd recommend running a want add in Audiogon and sometimes a dealer will have a "demo" model that they'll let go for 10 to 20% off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back