Where to buy a 5.5 gen ipod?
Jan 30, 2011 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Laokid18

500+ Head-Fier
Do any of you guys know where I can buy a new or refurbished  5.5 gen ipod ? Im hoping to do the whole Rockbox imod thing.

Jan 30, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #3 of 7
Im trying to avoid ebay if possible, anywhere else I should look besides here?

Jan 30, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #5 of 7
ipodzen and ipod rapidrepair sites all sell refurbished ipods. However, I would not dismiss ebay as you can get some good deals there. Last month I was lucky to land an unopened, brand new ipod video 80gb for a good price. 
also check your luck here on head-fi, as they do turn up quite often. 

I've just installed a new 240gb from apricorn, and with rockbox am quite happy with the setup. I've also considered imod option but I just cant justify the cost, especially when you consider the new DAPs that are out now. 

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #6 of 7
You got a new one? do you remember the name of the seller? Never heard of ipodzen, any headfiers out there that have experience with them?

Jan 30, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
You got a new one? do you remember the name of the seller? Never heard of ipodzen, any headfiers out there that have experience with them?

the person I bought it from is not a power seller or anything. apparently he had a few from his business and that one was never opened, so I was lucky to see and bid in that one. 

as for ipodzens, I remember someone on head-fi buying from them and left a positive remark. thats as much as I know about the company. seems like similar to rapidrepairs, selling refurbished ipods. 

if you want some limited warranty, your choices are ipodzens or rapidrepair. otherwise look for some ipods here on sale or ebay. 
Another option is to buy imodded ipods directly from ALO or Whiplash Audio (Whipmod). you can choose the hard drive size you want, and also get warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back