Where oh where is my Headstage USB DAC Stick?
May 30, 2012 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

HedsFi

New Head-Fier
Hi

long time lurker first time poster (so go easy on the noob!)

I've searched the forum for other threads on this subject without any luck, so thought I best roll up my sleeves and get stuck in.

Ok, in Sept 2010 I ordered an Arrow amp and USB DAC stick from Headstage. Having read plenty of posts on Head-Fi on the Arrow amp I knew full well that there was going to be a huge wait before finally taking delivery, in my experience it was 5 months.

However, the USB DAC stick is yet to make an appearance nearly two years later!

I have tried contacting Rob about the USB DAC Stick, both via email and via Facebook and have had no reply, yet he was pretty chatty when he contacted me shortly after I took delivery of my amp and had the following to say...

"I am still working on the stick. There are only few pre-orders of it so I don’t really want to hurry up and only bring it out when I am fine with it. I found out that it became a little too heavy for the USB port so I am just redesigning it in order to make it smaller.  Let me know if you like to have a refund. You can still order it again."

To which I replied:

"Keep hold of my order for now, I'd much rather be at the front of the queue"

I haven't heard anything since.

So, have you ordered a Headstage USB DAC Stick, have you received one yet, do they actually exist, are we likely to see one, ever?

edit: to add photo

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 5
I cancelled my order a month ago. Rob said he will start work on it soon but he's been saying that for years.

I also had to resolder some of the internal components of the arrow due to a fault that Rob seamed not want to talk to me about.

Last time I checked his forum was down too..

Jun 2, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #5 of 5
Hmm, not good practice is it.

It's a well worn phrase in my household that just because someone is good at making widgets doesn't make them a good business, ie their products may be the best in their class but that may also mean that their customer service stinks.

I like my Arrow amp, it's worth every penny that I paid for it, but this lack of interest that Rob shows in the other money that I have handed over is starting to irk, I thought this kind of poor behaviour was corrected months ago when orders were fulfilled swiftly within weeks and not months?

Reminence, when you say that you cancelled your order did you get refunded in full?

As for the 'start work on it soon' like you say, Rob has been saying that for some time. Maybe its time for Rob to delay orders on the amp and fulfill the paid obligation of finishing the DAC Stick and finally ship them out and apologise for the delay, or admit that he's not going to bother with it and refund everyone that has already placed orders and apologise.

Either way, my patience is running out, and on this basis Headstage will not be getting my money again in the future, there are plenty of competitors that will gladly take mine and others money and give an appropriate service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back