Where is Ken Law?
Sep 27, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #31 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
Hey wait a minute!

The thing isn’t even really late and you should have expected it to be late. So what’s the big uproar over when he’s known to be “not responsive”, late with delivery and withdraws when behind schedule.

The end of September- what’s that Friday at midnight?

With his known history and background I think you’re all over reacting. Yeah he could respond to your emails and say “no I’m not working I’m responding to you email”.

Making inflammatory statements here when you don’t know anything is foolish.

I for one am all for holding a manufacturers feet to the fire but you have to have reasonable expectations and this item is not really late and it would be reasonable to believe it will be late so chill out.

Mitch

Then how about I sell you mine for $500? They haven't been shipped yet, so I can just email Ken and have him change the shipping address. What do you say?

Sep 27, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #32 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filburt
Be careful. Last time I read the PayPal TOS issuing a chargeback was a violation of it. I think there was some dispute over that and they now allow some short window like 45 or 90 days, but you may want to check over that.

PayPal does not hold sway over your credit card company. If PayPal will not help you and you paid with credit, you can get a chargeback if you want one, and there isn't anything they can really do about you getting your money back. They may not like it, but it's their own fault for refusing to help their customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
Maybe Eddie over at DIYKITS could go over and kick the $hit out of Ken?

Good ol' Eddie. I had probably a seven e-mail exchange with him today and yesterday, back and forth, about upgrading my Zhaolu. Though there was a bit of confusion because he somehow got the impression I lived in the Republic of Georgia, and not the US state.

Sep 27, 2006 at 8:35 AM Post #33 of 217
Really sorry to hear this uneasy news. It takes seconds to respond to an email then the word would be out. I hope he's OK because I doubt he's doing anything intentionally fishy or trying to pull a fast one. If he was he would want everyone to think everything is fine for as long as possible so that as many people as possible lose the right to contest the charge.

If it were me, I would call (my credit card company and) Paypal and inform them about the situation and get the deadline to contest the charge. If I didn’t receive the DAC before then, I would contest it and feel I gave him a reasonable opportunity to deliver the goods.

Edit:
I’d send him an email too and politely tell him what I plan to do.

Sep 27, 2006 at 8:59 AM Post #34 of 217
has ken even scammed anyone out of their money before?

I can agree whole heartedly that he's a terrible business man, but I think you guys are going over the top by assuming that he's trying to screw you.

From what I've noticed on headfi, there are constantly people worrying that he's scamming them out of their money.. and then one by one they all get their DACs and are happy.

So while it is majorly annoying that he doesn't reply to emails, I dont think you should worry too much that he's going to rip you off. Knowing Ken's history, you're shipping will probably be delayed a few weeks and then the products will show up

Sep 27, 2006 at 9:17 AM Post #35 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
has ken even scammed anyone out of their money before?

I can agree whole heartedly that he's a terrible business man, but I think you guys are going over the top by assuming that he's trying to screw you.

From what I've noticed on headfi, there are constantly people worrying that he's scamming them out of their money.. and then one by one they all get their DACs and are happy.

So while it is majorly annoying that he doesn't reply to emails, I dont think you should worry too much that he's going to rip you off. Knowing Ken's history, you're shipping will probably be delayed a few weeks and then the products will show up

Very good response. The other option for any potential buyer of a DAC, or any piece of gear for that matter, is to buy from a source that guarantees delivery within a certain time, or your money back. We all seek perfection, but customer care and before/after sales service is just as important as the subjective quality of the product.

Sep 28, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #36 of 217
I also ordered a DO2A in late July .
Ken assured me about 3 weeks ago that it would ship on 20th september .
I have sent him at least a dozen emails this week and no reply at all .....if there are further delays , the least he could do is say so .
I am getting a bad feeling about this guy , i also paid by paypal , credit .

Sep 28, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #37 of 217
Yeah. I don't recall him having been out this long before. And while I would like to take comfort in the words of fellow head-fiers, it's a lot harder when I'm out 500 bucks on this guy that's completely vanished. Sadly, I don't think much can be done at this point except of course wait. Paypal, for those who ordered more than 45 days ago, won't do anything.

003, I spoke with Ken regarding the elnero situation many a time. He didn't seem to understand the uproar in that thread and felt betrayed, to which I reassured him everything would be cool once he got done with this shipment and there were reviews posted.

Sep 28, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #38 of 217
Has anyone had someone new contact him as a potential purchaser wanting to send him a paypal payment for one of his DACs, but wants to know the price or something simple like that first?

It would be interesting to see if he's just not responding at all or just not responding to those that have paid already.
confused.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 12:53 PM Post #39 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
Has anyone had someone new contact him as a potential purchaser wanting to send him a paypal payment for one of his DACs, but wants to know the price or something simple like that first?

It would be interesting to see if he's just not responding at all or just not responding to those that have paid already.
confused.gif

Tried it about a week ago. No response so far.

Sep 28, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #40 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryn Alexander
Tried it about a week ago. No response so far.

That is actually a good sign!

Sep 28, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #41 of 217
This whole progression of long delays followed by not shipping stuff out at all is eerily reminiscent of the Drew of Shellbrook Audio fiasco.

Sep 28, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #42 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disiskurt
This whole progression of long delays followed by not shipping stuff out at all is eerily reminiscent of the Drew of Shellbrook Audio fiasco.

To a "T".

Sep 28, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #43 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
That is actually a good sign!

Yes that's probably a positive sign that he isn't outright trying to avoid responding to those that have paid (and most likely isn't cheating anyone).

But I can only think a few things might have happened to him either he's way to busy, not well or without Internet access. And possibly some combo of things.

Sep 28, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #44 of 217
Are your e-mails at least going through? I e-mailed Ken yesterday, and this is what I got:

his is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

stormdigital@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #45 of 217
When I emailed him on the 20th, the email went through fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back