where do you hold your player?
Dec 17, 2003 at 4:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

aroon

100+ Head-Fier
just wondering where people hold they're players when they're on the go? ive seen a lot of people put their cell fones in their back pocket which i just cant understand. if i did that id crush my cell.

so where do you keep your player? you guys find anything annoying about holding your player in certain places? if you've owned multiple players, which one was the most annoying on the go?

Dec 17, 2003 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 21
I keep mine in my front pants pocket or jacket pocket. I've had light flash player and now light HD Nitrus so it's fine. I found 3rd gen iPod too big and heavy to be in my pocket. I don't have baggy pants so it really presses against me. I really needed to carry a bag with that.

Dec 17, 2003 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 21
I'm a front pants pocket holder. Archos fills the pocket nicely on most pants, with enough space for a wrap of the DT770's cable keep it from wildly bouncing about
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2003 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 21
front pocket no questions asked..
i dont truse those belt clips, $360 player hanging on my belt with a little plastic hook? no way
plus when it's in my front pockey.. i can feel it, and knowing right away when it's not there..

only problem is it pulls my already-sagging pants down even more
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2003 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 21
o ya they did....and i do have a belt on, but very loose:d
belts were invented so it's extra end hangs down from my pants...no real use
biggrin.gif

J/K

sorry but im still living the young age...wait, i am still young
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2003 at 5:28 AM Post #8 of 21
None of your f'n business!!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

But seriously, when I'm out and about I wear a jean jacket that has huge internal pockets, I can carry two VHS size pieces without problems. Otherwise, I either use the front pocket in my laptop bag, or my hand
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2003 at 11:26 AM Post #10 of 21
Internal jacket pocket when outside. Belt when inside. You'd have to have loose pants to carry in a front pocket comfortably.

Dec 17, 2003 at 2:25 PM Post #12 of 21
Inside coat or outside jacket pocket, but the (MD or CD) player's in a protective case too.
CD player's the most annoying to take, there usually doesn't seem enough room to put it, except my really big coat pocket. The MD player (E10) is exactly the right size...

Dec 17, 2003 at 2:44 PM Post #13 of 21
I'm sort of like a girl in this category, in that I'm usually accessorizing. Depending upon what I'm wearing on a given day. EX:

A) Wearing a button down shirt, I'll use the remote control, which in turn affects where I actually put the main unit. In this case, I'll use the belt loop.

B) No remote and particular jackets warrant the use of inside jacket pocket(s) or outer upper pockets.

C) Remote and sweater/straight shirt, the remote now clips onto the jacket while in transit and unit is on belt again. The reasons for location is always to be able to conceal as much wire as possible.

I find myself wearing a belt mostly every day, so for daily trips, where I know that I won't be removing my jacket, it will be on there. Otherwise, my favorite place is on the inside of a jacket pocket. I HATE carrying ANYTHING in my pants pockets.

Dec 17, 2003 at 2:45 PM Post #14 of 21
I have a new Sony with a hand strap. I loop it through a side belt loop, then clip it to another belt loop. It stays right on my hip, even with my coat on, and keeps my pockets free.

Dec 17, 2003 at 3:01 PM Post #15 of 21
Inside suit jacket pocket. No suit, then outside overcoat pocket. Aroon, I saw the 40 xtra, which I'm told is identical physically to the 60. HD space is awesome, but I'm curious as to overall fit and finish. Have you ever had a Creative HD player before. Seems like it might just break. Front brushed panel doesn't look too secure. Just Curious? I'm also an old Archos (brick) owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back