Where can i buy custom cable for my ultimate ears?
Jun 29, 2008 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Tamz

100+ Head-Fier
Or is there anyone make a diy ones for sell?

Thanks

Oct 19, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #4 of 15
There is also one from Null-Audio and this ebay store may have custom cables or you could wait on the one from Apuresound.

Oct 22, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 15
eBay search "Ultimate ears cable"or "Westone Cable"

I got a ofc/silver upgrade for my customs in blue. from the ebay store in Hew's response above.

NOTE:

Hearyourself.com, Westone, and Ultimate ears customs all have the same plug-in at the monitor end. I have several and tested each. I feel that the UE OEM have a superior SQ over the Westone and they are both availl. in more colors than the Hy's.
Black, White, Beige, Brown, and Clear

Oct 23, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #7 of 15
A quick question : do the "fi" cables fit the custom IEMs like my UE-10pro? Those are the only type of replacement cables I seem to be able to find, even on the UE site.

If they are not the same connector, does anyone make replacement/upgrade cables for the UE-10pro IEM?

Oct 23, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #8 of 15
Someone posted a great looking fully balanced cable for Ultimate Ears earlier today, but sadly it got lost in the out-take.
Perhaps it will show up again...?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone posted a great looking fully balanced cable for Ultimate Ears earlier today, but sadly it got lost in the out-take.
Perhaps it will show up again...?
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow
this one must be interesting
beerchug.gif

balanced UE? hmmm...

Oct 23, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow
beerchug.gif

balanced UE? hmmm...

Yeah, they looked ace.
Black braided sleeving, connectors for Ultimate Ears in those two ends and a 4-pin XLR in the other end. Balanced portable amplifier may be a problem though.

Oct 23, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow
beerchug.gif

balanced UE? hmmm...

Yeah, they looked ace.
Black braided sleeving, connectors for Ultimate Ears in those two ends and a 4-pin XLR in the other end. Balanced portable amplifier may be a problem though.

Edit: Blame the unresponsive forum...
frown.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A quick question : do the "fi" cables fit the custom IEMs like my UE-10pro? Those are the only type of replacement cables I seem to be able to find, even on the UE site.

If they are not the same connector, does anyone make replacement/upgrade cables for the UE-10pro IEM?

UE has black replacement cables for thier .fi's.and five colors and two lengths for thier customs, Beige,Black,clear,brown, and white

http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimat...ies/custom.php

I'm not sure but I think the only difference is that the .fi cables' monitor plug end has an extended tube protector to go over the plug Also Westone and Hearyourself.com have replacement cables that fit the YE Customs. all three companies have the same two prong plug at the monitor end but there is some discussion over the equality of the SQ. Most feel that the UE's have the best SQ. I have all three cables and I tested them for fit and continuity layout.

Oct 23, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #15 of 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back