Where can I buy "audiophile" albums ??
Jul 6, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #2 of 11
You might want to check Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc. Both have great catalogs. I also find a lot of music at eBay and, IIRC, MoFi also sells direct.

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #4 of 11
Check out: M&A Recordings, Chesky, Linn, Three Blind Mice.
I also pretty much enjoy many Telarc and ECM recordings.

Just don't forget that music is more important. Don't let the catalog limit your choices
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 11
Many AF and MFSL CDs are sold on Amazon, wherehouse.com, CD Pacific, CD Universe, etc. You don't need to go through a speciality shop, and oftentimes the bigger site is cheaper. The AF of In Rock is $17.38 at CD Pacific w/free shipping, for example.

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 11
Classic Records (remember the sound...) is another good site.

They have decent variety from Classical to Jazz to Jimi Hendrix, Suzanne Vega, Peter Gabriel, etc., etc.

Most of the records are mastered directly from the analog master tapes to 200g vinyl by Bernie Grundman.

Here's Peter Gabriel's "So" for example - Peter Gabriel - So - Classic Records

Quote:

The Classic Reissue was cut from the original 1/2" 30 ips analog master tapes on the Classic all tube stereo cutting system at Bernie Grundman Mastering by "The Wizard" Bernie Grundman himself.

Aug 31, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #9 of 11
i recently picked up a bunch of albums from chesky and mapleshade. very impressed with the sound quality from both. they are easily some of the best sounding CDs i own.

highly recommended.

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i recently picked up a bunch of albums from chesky and mapleshade. very impressed with the sound quality from both. they are easily some of the best sounding CDs i own.

highly recommended.

I have Mapltree's Walter Davis Jr, "In Walked Thelonious", and it's fantastic. I often use it as a reference disc. I haven't heard others, but if all Mapletree are this quality, then they would be a good bet. Their editing however leaves a little to be desired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back