When You Order Online, What Are Your Expectations re: Timeliness?
Feb 18, 2009 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

proglife

500+ Head-Fier
I ordered a product from an online shop on the 4th and can't get anyone to confirm that it has shipped. I don't think not getting a product two weeks after you order it is that big a deal, but not being able to get an answer on when I should expect it ( after they've taken my money) is pretty annoying.

What is your patience threshold? If you order something that is apparently in stock and being shipped from your own country, what do YOU think is a reasonable time frame in which to expect your product?

Feb 18, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #2 of 20
I normally expect most things to be here in less than a week(if in stock and ordered in beginning of week), but a little longer is fine too.

Feb 18, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #6 of 20
If they are in the US, then ~1 week or less to ship. If they are international, then I can wait at most 1 month as long as I get a tracking number or shipping confirmation.

Feb 18, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #7 of 20
If they have charged my credit card or I have paid via Paypal, I expect shipment within 24-48 hours. Time to delivery depends upon the method, but you should at least be able to get shipping confirmation long before now.

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #11 of 20
I expect confirmation of shipping within a week. However, if they don't have the product in stock, I expect to be told within one business day. I will usually wait for the product to be restocked, but they need to be up front about that.

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #12 of 20
If it's a company that makes their own stuff, I usually give them a little more time knowing that they may have to make the product.

If it's just an item that they should have in stock, then I would expect it within 3-10 days from the day I place the order depending on where it's being shipped from (within the U.S.). If it goes beyond the 2 week mark and it's an item they should have in stock, then I would be worried.

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #13 of 20
If I buy before the cut off time and choose next day delivery, I expect it to arrive the next day. It is that simple. For eBay, I tend to expect 5-6 days for UK deliveries.

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #14 of 20
It certainly depends on where I order the product from.
2-3 days when ordering from a national store, while 7-10 days from the other side of the globe. Either way I expect the item to ship in a day or two, if no other agreement have been made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back