When Pigs Fly…….
Jul 21, 2008 at 2:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

braillediver

Headphoneus Supremus
When pigs fly I’ll find something nice treasure hunting. Got this scuba diving this morning at the South end of Lake Union, Seattle just in front of the Hooters. It’s big and heavy seems like cast iron.

1216606879.jpg

1216606880.jpg

1216606881.jpg

I’m diving Marina Park in Kirkland Washington tomorrow morning. In the water by 6am out by 7 and hopefully I’ll be hauling some real nice sunglasses. Got 9 pair last Sunday.

Mitch

Jul 21, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 11
Unless it was a Kosher violation, I can't imagine how something like that would fall overboard from any boat or pier.

Perhaps it was a Hooter's decoration which lost it's place in the restaurant in a druken stupor.

Jul 21, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 11
There's every form of drinking glass, fork, spoon, chandelier, serving tray, chair, magazine rack, flower pot, boat cleat, traffic cone, boat brush, strap, bungee cord, literally dozens of older sunglasses, cell phones, cameras, clothing, radios, power tools, hand tools, Cd’s etc. down there. There’s really more than that but I can’t remember everything

I don’t know what stores are in that area but there is a Flying Pig Barbecue listed on the Internet.

The weather was real nice this weekend and I have high expectations for Marina Park- it’s overnight mooring in the heart of Kirkland so people boat in, drink and have fun. There’s a portable Honda generator there that was too heavy for me to swim with and I really wanted sunglasses so I left it here. It had been down a day or 2 and was salvageable.

Mitch

Jul 21, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #4 of 11
about.jpg

Does this Pig catch count as a possible episode on Discovery Channels's "Deadliest Catch" ?

2400172190_06df2767ec_m.jpg

Jul 21, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #5 of 11
In one hour at the dock I’ll be at tomorrow I got a $50 bill, gold and emerald ring, gold bracelet, bunch of sunglasses and other stuff- 1 dive in one hour.

Same dock on another dive I got a pair of like new Cartier sunglasses and a pocket PC that I dried and emailed the owner with. The guy lost the PC in 20 feet of water Friday Afternoon. I found it Saturday morning, emailed the guy Monday morning and returned it by 3 that afternoon. The PC was new and the guy worked for Microsoft. It had power point presentations and everything. He gave me $50 for returning it and was very grateful.

Here’s a friend and his wife both wearing sunglasses I gave them. It’s their wedding day and he’s wearing the Cartier’s and she's wearing some other designers pair.

1216611554.jpg

There was a safe at each of the 3 docks I was at yesterday. The one dock has 3 safes below it.

I got 2 handguns in one dive 2 years ago. They were 3 feet apart. The Glock was wrapped in a rubber glove.

I’ve found and given away or sold over 12 ounces of 14 carat gold so far.

I know where 4 100 ounce silver bars were found in Lake Washington. They were thrown from shore and part of the treasure hoard where I found this statue. The silver bars had sequential serial numbers with a 1-digit gap. I fully believe there is still a 100-ounce silver bar waiting to be recovered.

1216611556.jpg

Got this globe paperweight at the same place I got the pig.

1216611557.jpg

Did you see the ring and diamond stud earring from last month?

1212451580.jpg

1212451546.jpg

This Lion cigar lighter is probably from the Prohibition era.

1216611558.jpg

So I’m excited waiting to dive in the morning.

Mitch

Jul 21, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpc41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
holy smokes...i need to learn to scuba dive

lol

That's some interesting stuff that you've found. I like the pocket PC story...that guy was very lucky.

Jul 21, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #9 of 11
Why don't I find stuff like this when I dive...
wink.gif

I only find fish... arg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back