What's your foobar2000 setup?
Jan 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #213 of 527
Very cool, I need to go through this thread to see how it is possible to add a background image to the player.

He didn't. He used window transparency and a wallpaper.
For default UI this is Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Default User Interface -> Main window transparency
For ColumnsUI this is Preferences -> Displat -> Columns UI -> 'Main' tab

On a related note, can I please have that wallpaper, Griffinhart? I like it :D

Jan 14, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #214 of 527
Thanks for the tips.  Will play around with the transparency a bit more.

Quote:
He didn't. He used window transparency and a wallpaper.
For default UI this is Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Default User Interface -> Main window transparency
For ColumnsUI this is Preferences -> Displat -> Columns UI -> 'Main' tab
On a related note, can I please have that wallpaper, Griffinhart? I like it
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #216 of 527

(Should be 1920x1200. If it's not, tell me and I'll upload to somewhere else.)

-- Griffinhart

Arigatou!

That reminds me, would you perhaps be able to recommend me some vocaloid albums? I've been meaning to check that genre out for some time, but every time I tried I got some low quality collection with HORRIBLE tagging.
Could you PM it as to not derail this thread?

Jan 15, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #220 of 527
All I did was use the default install. Are there sonic advantages to doing all this stuff or is it more for convenience/visual reasons? 

Then again, I don't think I have the knowledge of Foobar to even know what the various plugins and all the other stuff are much less how to install them.

Jan 15, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #221 of 527
All of my tweaks are for aesthetics and not for sound quality.  I like the default settings for playing music.  But Foobar is pretty easy, each component or plug in is straightforward to install, just need to unzip the files to the correct location and usually the documentation associated with the file will be your guide.   Plus this thread is a good place to ask if you get stuck.  
http://www.foobar2000.org/components

Quote:
All I did was use the default install. Are there sonic advantages to doing all this stuff or is it more for convenience/visual reasons? 

Then again, I don't think I have the knowledge of Foobar to even know what the various plugins and all the other stuff are much less how to install them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back