What's your favorite radio station?
May 15, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #3 of 26

Quote:
Ha, 100.3 where? That's entirely unspecific.

I guess WNIC
rolleyes.gif

May 15, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #4 of 26
I live in LA and my favoritest station is KIIS. Ryan Seacrest is the best. I just wish he'd reply my emails about what he uses for his hair! That's ok, I'll find some useful clues in his trash one day.

Seriously, though, I like KOST (103.4), KBIG (104.3), and somethings KEARTH (101.1). Sometimes AMP(97.1) if I feel like some pop music.

May 16, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 26
KPCC 89.3 in LA. I still stream it down in the desert, though KAWC carries some NPR programming. I also occasionally stream OPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting - got hooked when I lived up there).

A sentimental favorite that I don't listen to any longer is KROQ 106.7 in LA. Back in the 80s, it was the only station I listened to. But the demographics changed and they play mostly unlistenable crap today. I haven't tuned in since the mid-90s.

May 16, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #6 of 26

Quote:
KPCC 89.3 in LA. I still stream it down in the desert, though KAWC carries some NPR programming. I also occasionally stream OPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting - got hooked when I lived up there).

A sentimental favorite that I don't listen to any longer is KROQ 106.7 in LA. Back in the 80s, it was the only station I listened to. But the demographics changed and they play mostly unlistenable crap today. I haven't tuned in since the mid-90s.

I hate when the radio stations change
mad.gif
100.3 WNIC my favorite radio station was bought by CBS or some big company and now they try to compete with 95.5 and 98.7 which is why i dont listen to those at night. 100.3 used to play classic's like Peter Cetera, Gabriel, etc. Now they mix it up with pop. I only like it because of the giveaways and the story's they talk about. 

May 16, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #7 of 26
I don't typically listen to the radio for I prefer to use burned CDs in the car, but when I will occasionally blast Kiss FM (obnoxious pop), The Hog (classic/hard rock) and V100 Jamz (super obnoxious rap). The radio is exclusively for playing annoying music at loud volumes, :p

May 16, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #8 of 26
Id listen to radio stations if they were to play entire albums. I'm not into singles.

Full albums is the only legit way to listen to music, anyone disagrees? 
angry_face.gif
 but seriously radio stations in latin america sucks hard, for those of us not into danceable type of music.

May 16, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #9 of 26

Quote:
Id listen to radio stations if they were to play entire albums. I'm not into singles.

Full albums is the only legit way to listen to music, anyone disagrees? 
angry_face.gif
 but seriously radio stations in latin america sucks hard, for those of us not into danceable type of music.

I'll listen to my iPod on shuffle once in a while, when I'm walking around or riding the bus or something. But yeah, when I'm sitting down and listening, albums are the only way!

May 19, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #13 of 26
I don't have a favorite but the jazz station in Los Angeles and at times, some of those New York City radio stations that play odd or funky stuff can be a thrill.

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #14 of 26

Quote:
I don't have a favorite but the jazz station in Los Angeles and at times, some of those New York City radio stations that play odd or funky stuff can be a thrill.

Im now just getting into jazz, Dave Koz,etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back