What's your favorite Fostex T50rp mod?
Dec 15, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #4 of 7
Mine. Basically a home made Mayflower Mk1 mod without the stiff felt on the back of the driver and using the best materials I could find in the UK. Now I understand the way people talk about the T50RP. (Mine are Mk3's)

Mar 5, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #5 of 7
Could you please talk about the difference in sound before modding and after modding in the t50 mk3, please? Is there a ton of difference, I mean, after pad changing only, are they bad? I want to mod them too, but would love if they already have a decent sound stage and sound signature... Just to be prepared and know what to expect, so I don't return them after 2 days. Thanks a lot in advance!!

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #6 of 7
Could you please talk about the difference in sound before modding and after modding in the t50 mk3, please? Is there a ton of difference, I mean, after pad changing only, are they bad? I want to mod them too, but would love if they already have a decent sound stage and sound signature... Just to be prepared and know what to expect, so I don't return them after 2 days. Thanks a lot in advance!!
The mods can go as far as you want to take them, anything from a little tweaking with pad rolling, to complete transformation. I caution you though, T50 modding is a hobby. You may end up spending a lot of time and money on the mods. Tweaking and tinkering to make them the sound signature that you want. If reading through hundreds of pages of the forum to find out how others reached their end results and doing lots of experiments to make yours what you want doesn't sound like fun to you, just skip it. Search for the threads: T50-RP incremental mods and measurements, open alpha 3d printed headphones.

Mar 14, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #7 of 7
Yes, I am aware of all that, and i have here solder machine, etc... my daily job is 50% tinkering and modding in electronics, so... no surprise about that. My questions/conserns are if the sound fo these headphones modded is gonna be worth it, or should I just jum to anohter planar, of about 300€, already with a proper sound signature... If that option is better, that's wat I would like to know. The tinkering and the knowledge that comes with it sounds like a lot of fun, and I am looking forward to that, but as I have never tested an Argon's, I have that doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back