Whats your endgame setup?
Feb 17, 2014 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

jay628

100+ Head-Fier
I know this hobby is very hard to have an end...especially when you come here. However, I have set that the endgame headphone for me will be the LCD-2 or HE-6,for now. I currently have the HE-400 and DT 880 with the Magni/Modi combo. For the amp/dac, I don't know yet lol, but I do really want a WA-7 mostly because its so pretty. What is everyone's endgame set up? or there is no end?

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 27
Headphone wise, I'll probably buy an LCD-2 sometime in the future and be set.

Speaker wise, it'll never end probably.

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #3 of 27
hd650 and Crack w/sb...for now. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #6 of 27
  Headphone wise, I'll probably buy an LCD-2 sometime in the future and be set.

Speaker wise, it'll never end probably.

I would really want a LCD-2 as well..

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #7 of 27
My grail setups (IE terminate headfi membership and quietly walk away)
Stax SR009, K1000, LCD-2
KGSS, Blue hawaii, GS-X
Orpheus / HE90

Theres also some really good sounding all-Stax setups I have heard... but I can't remember specifically what they were.

Not that I'm complaining though.  I really enjoy what I have now.

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #9 of 27
I think im there: HD700 + Schiit Asgard2 + UberBifrost for home use, Amperior + X3 + E12 for pprtable use. Cant really imagine it getting any better. I love the Sennheiser sound signature, love and enjoy my HD650s, but the HD700s are on another level, however I dont see myself buying HD800s: I wouldn't mind it if the 700s had the punch the 650s do, and from what I gather, the 800s have even less bass than the 700s, which would be def not be my cup of tea.

If I dont buy 800s, then I dont see the need to buy an amp more powerful than the Asgard2: its super quiet, clean and powerful enough to power the 150ohm 700s and 300ohm 650s. The Uber Bifrost is just and absolutely incredible DAC, and I judgment see how much more can be gained by spending twice or three times as much.

I will buy the USB upgrade for my Bifrost, and will probably buy a Loki DSD DAC to go along with the Bifrost as I am starting to grt into DSD downloads, but that would be it.

Of course, I could always expand my horizons and consider a completely different brand for headphones tk add to my collection....:D

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #10 of 27
Based on the sort of sounds I've liked, I don't really see an endgame for myself in the usual sense of "best of the best," more like a familiar point of rest.

When I started, I was using an older AKG straight from a CD player. It's likely that I'll end up satisfied with an upgraded version of that: maybe an even older AKG (or Sennheiser), a newer CD player, a decent amp, and even some good cables.

Sort of an all round upgrade; nothing too ambitious. I might even be halfway there, so maybe in another year or so I'll be able to stop thinking about it and do nothing but listen to the music. I'll still come to meets because they're such fun. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #11 of 27
HE-500 with the grill mod for now, but I'll probably want to upgrade soon. I still need a better amp/DAC. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #12 of 27
As soon as it arrives I'll be pretty content with my setup: Audio-gd nfb1.32+Schiit Mjolnir+HE-500, just waiting on the MJ to arrive. Next thing I'll upgrade will be headphones which will likely be far in the future and either HD800 or T1 or HE-560/HE-6 depending on reviews. None of those phones I feel I really need to have at the moment, so it may be at least a year before I upgrade. That is of course if the HE-560 isn't super amazing, in which case I will purchase it and be done.

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #13 of 27
With audio you get satisfied for a while and then you want more again...:rolleyes:

My set up
Audeze lcd2.2 + lake people g100 amp

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #14 of 27
My needs are pretty simple, because I -really- dislike having too many pieces of equipment and I like sleek hardware. So I'll never be a guy who has some giant desktop amp with a DAC and etc etc etc. More like I'll keep an eye on what there is that fills the niche of the M100's and pick up whatever tiny little amp is out there. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #15 of 27
  My needs are pretty simple, because I -really- dislike having too many pieces of equipment and I like sleek hardware. So I'll never be a guy who has some giant desktop amp with a DAC and etc etc etc. More like I'll keep an eye on what there is that fills the niche of the M100's and pick up whatever tiny little amp is out there. 

Dont be that guy, dude :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back