Whats your best purchase this year 2022
Dec 22, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #32 of 45
Roon. Music sounds better, the recommendation library is insane when you fuse the streaming service with your offline library. It automatically update the library when I add music in a folder. Currently paying subscription, but I think I will buy the lifetime subscription when I have enough funds. Did I mention music sounded great on this player, cause it do 🙂

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #33 of 45
Roon. Music sounds better, the recommendation library is insane when you fuse the streaming service with your offline library. It automatically update the library when I add music in a folder. Currently paying subscription, but I think I will buy the lifetime subscription when I have enough funds. Did I mention music sounded great on this player, cause it do 🙂
YES! Wise man indeed!

Leo

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #34 of 45
I made my best purchase in 2022 a couple of days ago - REL S812 subwoofer. I have contemplated getting a sub for my 2 channel for over a decade but was always scared to pull the trigger due to integration issues and the likelihood of needing to return massive items if things don't work out. I took the plunge this week because I have been listening to HE6se over the last few weeks with my recently tuned system. I was taken aback by the scale and quality of the bass of HE6se and that made my 2 channel sound anemic by comparison.

After the REL went into the system and much tweaking and dialing in, I now have a fully integrated system that goes to 20Hz. The sub has improved not just the bass, but also mid and even treble as well to my amazement. I think that sub did more for my 2 channel system than I was expecting - the system is awe inspiring now.

Merry Christmas y'all!
The HE6SE(V1?) is really popular, I seem to still read about it. Did you mean it had a good bass?

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #35 of 45
This is a software experience right?
-no nucleus or hardware?

Sounds amazing about the playlist thing and recommendation.

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #36 of 45
The HE6SE(V1?) is really popular, I seem to still read about it. Did you mean it had a good bass?
I don’t know if I have the v1 or v2. Yes, HE6se has pretty incredible bass and renders a sense of space really well.

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #37 of 45
This is a software experience right?
-no nucleus or hardware?

Sounds amazing about the playlist thing and recommendation.
It’s just the Roon software for now. I was thinking about a DAC upgrade and ran across a thread in another website. The thread strongly recommend upgrading the digital source first before going further on hardware upgrade. I gave Roon that free trial a chance and I never look back. I don’t know why, but music sound very clean in Roon. It made me fell in love with all my headphones again using Roon. It was a new experience for me and I never knew a player could make that much of a difference. Roon features and discovery tools is also a bonus 😊

I’ll want to maybe invest in a music server either next year or 2024. Trying to get a good amp in 2023.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #38 of 45
Easy for me unequivocally the Elrog 300B which proved to be entirely transcendental.
ssss.jpg

Dec 23, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #39 of 45
I have not added them but here they come. Bought them this month:

DI20HE
R8HE mkII

All I need is the master clock to finish the hardware section. All about power tweaks and cables after this.

Merry Christmas everybody 🎄🎅

Dec 23, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #40 of 45
I have not added them but here they come. Bought them this month:

DI20HE
R8HE mkII

All I need is the master clock to finish the hardware section. All about power tweaks and cables after this.

Merry Christmas everybody 🎄🎅
My near twin with a better usb card and amp.

Awaiting to hear your opinion with the master clock and after Uncle Sam robs me of my hard earned money, I'll use the remaining crumbs to get the ock-2 also.

Dec 23, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #42 of 45
My near twin with a better usb card and amp.

Awaiting to hear your opinion with the master clock and after Uncle Sam robs me of my hard earned money, I'll use the remaining crumbs to get the ock-2 also.
My twin🙌 Thanks for all your help…I think Im on the ock2 too actually because of the options. Better deal than OCK1 I believe somehow.

I dont think I hit the trigger before 2023Q1 … Im eating the pasta raw this month, takes a little longer but it works…🎄🎄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back