What's up with E4 prices?
Oct 7, 2005 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mrkangpae

100+ Head-Fier
Am I on crack or am I right that the E4 was selling for around $180-190 a few months back? Does anyone know what happened to the price of the E4?

Oct 7, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #4 of 7
All Shure Authorized Seller are forced to advertise the MSRP, and this new policy includes online shopping cart as well. If you want the special price, you will have to email them or phone them.

Oct 7, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #6 of 7
Shure's prices were jacked on September 19th. Apparently there were a few etailers who were not playing fair according to guidlines established by
Shure,but apparently selectively enforced by them at the expense of other etailers.
I base my commentary on conversations I've had with an etailer who played fair (according to Shure's rules,anyway),yet wanted to remain price competitive with other etailers who didn't.
I sent Shure an email asking,politely,about this,and unsuprisingly,my email was ignored. I have no beef or grudge with Shure,and am quite pleased with my E4's and (two weeks later) my E5's. I give two thumbs up to their support staff available by phone,although I'm not sure what the impact of toeing the MSRP on their product prices will do to improve Shure's bottom line.
Go figure....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back