What's the worst thing you've seen someone do in public?
Aug 27, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #17 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Ive seen some people curse and swear at their little kids at the top of their lungs.

This is normal life in Birmingham!

I was on my way to a football match and saw a fan take a piss in some bushes by the side of really busy road when they were dozens of people mere metres away
blink.gif

Aug 27, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #18 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela
A couple of months ago I saw a guy urinate beside his pickup truck in the middle of a busy shopping area parking lot! I couldn't believe my eyes & I couldn't decide whether to confront the idiot or to call the cops. My husband convinced me to do neither b/c by the time the cops got there he'd be gone & I was too dumbfounded to get the license # of the truck. I mean there were stores 20 yards away that he could have gone into to used the damned rest room.

The first time I went to France I was in a service station and went up this stairway to get the resturant on the first floor and there was a guy squatting in the corner of the stairwell laying a number 2 on the carpet. I mean, they were toilets in the service station...filthy scum.

Aug 27, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #20 of 46
Quote:

A couple of months ago I saw a guy urinate beside his pickup truck in the middle of a busy shopping area parking lot! I couldn't believe my eyes & I couldn't decide whether to confront the idiot or to call the cops. My husband convinced me to do neither b/c by the time the cops got there he'd be gone & I was too dumbfounded to get the license # of the truck. I mean there were stores 20 yards away that he could have gone into to used the damned rest room.

It would have made perfect sense to call the cops, as this is an offense that would have prompted a pursuit--it's indecent exposure, plain and simple. How unfortunate that you had to see it.

One of the tree trimmers a neighbor had hired pulled that one day when I was out for a walk with my two young sons. I confronted him there and then, and he made some sputtering excuse about having diabetes. Only afterwards, after consulting a friend who is a cop, did I learn that I could have had him arrested quite easily, so long as I committed to pursuing a conviction.

Aug 28, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #21 of 46
someone dropped their ipod earbuds on the floor of a public bus, dragged them to the front of the bus picking up i'm sure all kinds of filth, payed the driver, recovered their buds, and stuck them back in their ears without even dusting them off.

Aug 28, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #22 of 46
I gather that we're not supposed to talk about powerful people getting on TV and lying to us about all manner of things, right? That's by far the worst thing I've ever seen anyone do in public (and I've seen some pretty bad things in public). But I guess that kind of behavior falls simultaneously into the categories of "But that's OK (or maybe even proper)" and "You can't talk about it here".

So I won't.

Aug 28, 2006 at 9:23 AM Post #23 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
...I think by now this is better suited in the Member's Lounge.

True, that. Mr. or Mrs. Moderator, please?

Aug 28, 2006 at 9:38 AM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
I've seen people physically assault each other.

I saw a newborn baby with wild wolves all around it
I saw a highway of diamonds with nobody on it,
I saw a black branch with blood that kept drippin',
I saw a room full of men with their hammers a-bleedin',
I saw a white ladder all covered with water,
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken,
I saw guns and sharp swords in the hands of young children,

I met a young child beside a dead pony,
I met a white man who walked a black dog,
I met a young woman whose body was burning,
I met a young girl, she gave me a rainbow,
I met one man who was wounded in love,
I met another man who was wounded with hatred...

Aug 28, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #25 of 46
Quote:

El Paso -- 4th largest city in TX -- so, no not so country - but I know what you mean -- I used to live in Arkansas!

The guy was probably from Clint or Fabens.
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #26 of 46
rtfop:
Quote:

Originally Posted by original poster
I'm just wondering what's the worst thing you've seen someone do to their equipment in public?

Aug 28, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #27 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by callanish

Is this how the average person treats their equipment ( not on the head-fi forums of course ) and are these the same people that get all pissed off when their players fail and act like it's not due to anything they've done?

Yes, this is precisely how many 'average joes' treat their gear. And yes, it is precisely these people who bitch and complain when their gear fails from abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back