what's the general consensus of the AKG K55?
Oct 3, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 12
The what??
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 12
I have the K66 , havent used it for years.Anemic sound, Is all I can say.Probably ok for an ultra cheap studio setup,shoestring budget kinda thing.

Oct 3, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #5 of 12
I've seen these too, and another called k44 in a cable shop. There were only these 2 models on display and the packaging looked really old and dusty. Was wondering about them too.

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 12
I have a pair of the K-66s which I have used for about 4 years before I found this site. My first purchase was the KOSS KSC-75s and I haven't listened to the K-66s since. The sound is so dismal in comparison to everything I've bought since.

They are very comfortable phones and have held up very well, but you can do much better for the price.

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #11 of 12
I have used these in language labs. I can't imagine listening to music with them. I think the predominant design goal was to make them long-lasting and inexpensive. Goal achieved.

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #12 of 12
I'm wearing them right now. Really cheaply produced, but light and comfortable to wear. However, my ears started sweating after just two minutes.
Weak bass, hiss and distorted highs. Sound is overall too dark for my taste. I can't remember what I paid for them but I just gave them away for free. The distortion just kills them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back