What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?
Jun 9, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #121 of 239

Quote:

Same with the Beats. It's not the fact that it's "overpriced" (as some may say) or "popular" (not really IMO), it's the fact that its users go all out to insult PC users for being slow, inefficient and dumb (yes, I have been called a retard for using Windows...). I personally like the Mac's OS and all its benefits, but I don't see the need to own one.

So, from this Apple-to-Windows snobbiness comes Windows-to-Apple hate. It's sad really.

well i don't think i would own one and trash windows. i never have viruses but i just can't stand the warranty support i get with windows pcs. i have never had good customer support from pc's in my life. and the problem with building my own computer is then it wouldn't be a laptop. i will build my own desktop but i like to take my computer with me. i just hate huge apple fanboys who automatically think apple is the best. the computers are made in the same place as all other manufacturers with the same parts. only thing worthwhile about apple is the warranty support. i am awaiting a new ipod touch as i sent mine in cause it has a busted input. if i get a brand new one i will buy apple again. no questions asked.

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #122 of 239
Quote:
well i don't think i would own one and trash windows. i never have viruses but i just can't stand the warranty support i get with windows pcs. i have never had good customer support from pc's in my life. and the problem with building my ow computer is then it wouldn't be a laptop. i will build my own desktop but i like to take my computer with me.

I spilled a coke on my netbook.  Asus sells replacement keyboard modules for like $15.  Good as new.  That's plenty good product support to me.

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #123 of 239

Quote:
I spilled a coke on my netbook.  Asus sells replacement keyboard modules for like $15.  Good as new.  That's plenty good product support to me.

asus and lenovo may be exceptions. but toshiba (haven't tried but heard bad things), hp, and acer is terrible for customer support.

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #124 of 239
Quote:
asus and lenovo may be exceptions. but toshiba (haven't tried but heard bad things), hp, and acer is terrible for customer support.

You just have to know what brands and models to buy.  Condemning windows because Brand X sells it on their PCs and has crappy service is like condemning gasoline in favor of diesel because Ford sold you a Pinto with an exploding gas tank.

Non sequitur...

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #125 of 239

Quote:
Quote:

You just have to know what brands and models to buy.  Condemning windows because Brand X sells it on their PCs and has crappy service is like condemning gasoline in favor of diesel because Ford sold you a Pinto with an exploding gas tank.

Non sequitur...

i never condemned windows. heck i love windows 7 a lot. but i just don't like the way windows based pc's are build and how the support is set up. to be entirely honest i would buy a mac and put windows 7 on it. osx is useless imo. this is coming a long way from how i used to view things as i used to hate everything apple. but i have come to respect apple as a brand which makes decent tech. problem is it is up to you to decide if it's worth it or not. i personally feel the warranty support makes it worth it. also i rarely hear of macbooks failing while i hear many times of windows machines failing (i should throw linux in there as you can install both on the same machine). macs are made of metal. and we all know metal is much more durable. i have never thought greatly over anything made of plastic and plastic always feel cheap to me. i think the warranty, build quality, screen quality, and custom software macs come with make them worth the extra price.

edit: macs also have a really high resell value.

Jun 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #126 of 239
So today, I was driving to work and along the side of the road I saw someone trimming the grass next to the curb with a large gas powered weed-whacker, wearing a pair of Beats.

Isolation fail.

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #127 of 239

Quote:
Based on the (admittedly) limited experience I have with them, they don't perform well for the amount of money Monster wants for them. I tried the Beats Pros in Best Buy yesterday and I honestly couldn't detect a difference between them and my ATH-M50s which cost about a fourth of the Beats' MSRP.

Right out of my own mouth. It's not bad, strictly speaking, but it is just way overpriced.

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #129 of 239

Quote:
Arent xb-500's better? And their only £40

Definitely not... They sound much less refined and have the strangest mids I've heard from a headphone that's praised here.

Jun 20, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #130 of 239
I've got my fake beats studios here, they are so incredibly close to genuine, I'm trying to get my friend to loan me his genuine ones so I can a/b them, but he is being stubborn...
And the cure to beats is not the Sony XB line, but Ultrasone's the whole point to beats studios is Bass and Dynamics, and that is what Ultrasone does best (IMO)
When you let people hear your rig, make sure you have a pair of Ultrasones, or at least some slightly bass heavy incredibly dynamic headphones like ultrasones.
And I don't hate monster, I've been buying monster products since all they made were cables, but I outgrew the mid-fi stuff they make, I use MIT cables now, and Cardas in select applications.

Oh and just so you guys know, Dr.Dre's son died of a drug overdose, My (step) cousin was his friend, hit em hard.

Jun 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #131 of 239
Dang...poor kid...

Jun 20, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #132 of 239
IF i get someone saying they love their beats, I take my IE8's turn the dial to MAX and then set my Amp to highest bass boost, Turn up the volume, Stuff them in both their Ears and  wait, After their heads have exploded i jet wash what is left away. 
ksc75smile.gif

Take that Dre, All he wants is another Pay day.

Nat.
popcorn.gif

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #133 of 239

Quote:
Take that Dre, All he wants is another Pay day.

Nat.
popcorn.gif

Not trying to be mean, but...considering the posts 2 above yours, it seems kinda...un-classy to diss him. 

But yes, I assume he's getting a nice chunk of change for each kid the media converts.

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #134 of 239

Quote:
Not trying to be mean, but...considering the posts 2 above yours, it seems kinda...un-classy to diss him. 

But yes, I assume he's getting a nice chunk of change for each kid the media converts.

I take it natashaful didn't say it regarding the mishap itself but merely regarding the headphones. Though it was unfortunate timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back