whats the big deal with the iPod?
Sep 24, 2004 at 5:04 PM Post #121 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by aki
I've been purposely staying away from this thread (which has quickly turned into childish squibbling) but now you've hooked me back in...

In context of the rest of the message- i was referring specifically to the IFP series. And if i recall correctly, a similar control and UI is on the remote of the IHP series. At least i know theres only a left-right jogger, and the configuration screens are vertically listed (and expands on selection i think). "Cancel" was the "go back" button. I'm sure theres one of those. On the IFP, you hit "down" to go back. I just loaded up the config window on the IFP right now and i still got the wrong controls on the first two goes upon entering the config window.

Again, ease of use is not just about "how quick you learn it". I have no problem with learning how to use a gadget- i'm an engineer - but i've also designed user interfaces, and a design flaw encourages users to make mistakes. That's the problem here.

Anyway. Both players are great. There's two conversations going on here - one was questioning "i can't even fathom why anyone would ever want an ipod". That was answered. Some people took it to question, "why is the ipod the most popular", and then we got all sorts of theories about women, perfume, marketing, blah blah blah.

We have different needs, we have different uses, we have different hair cuts - we buy different players. And the world keeps turning 'round.

Oh, I didn't know you were talking about the FP series. Seems kind of out of place in an iPod thread, but whatever.

Sep 25, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #122 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1031
frankly, i think ipod sound is pretty crap, even if you burn CD clips into it. i only use CD players now.

That's just pure nonsense.

The iPod is a great sounding portable device. Especially if you use a higher bitrate encoder... and change the, not that bad sounding, stock-phones.

Granted it won't sound as good as many CDP's but, for a portable 'MP3 jukebox', its a decent sounding machine.

Sep 25, 2004 at 6:59 AM Post #123 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuineaMcPig
The only people who seem to be bitching are the pop-culture-phobes who think the player sucks because it's popular. I hope that nobody here would make the claim that it's the best player for everyone, because that's simply narrowminded. As for those who just can't imagine why anyone would buy one, GET OVER IT.

seconded. it reeks of childish i'm-in-the-not-in-any-clique-clique tendencies. i see no reason why those who chose the ipod have to defend their choices.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 7:23 AM Post #124 of 124
Nor do I adhoc...

This thread has degenerated and isn't constructive at all...

(and no, before the anti-ipod zealots chime in, I don't think that just because I have one)

I'm closing this down, if someone would like to start up another constructive thead of the plusses / minusses, fair enough... feel free... but this threads day is done.

Any problems... PM me
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back