What's the best free Mac CD burning software?
Jun 25, 2008 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

stuartr

Loyal member of Team Useful Post.
I was wondering if anyone knew of good programs for this. I was hoping to just make a mix CD from AIFF files and burn it so that it would work in regular CD players. It would not seem to be that hard, but it is eluding me. When I just tried to do it through the OS, I would get data cd's with AIFF files on them...so I could play them on the computer, but not in a cd player. I am obviously a newbie in this realm, so if someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I don't feel like paying 80 bucks for some Roxio software...

Oh, and yes, I did search. I found plenty of ripping programs, but few that looked like they went from computer to CD, rather than CD to computer.

Thanks very much,

Stuart

Jun 25, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 8
Free and included in the OS - iTunes. Drag files or rip (lossless/AIFF/WAV) into iTunes, create playlist (make sure track order is as you wish), display playlist, insert CDR, click Burn.
wink.gif

Just make sure preferences in iTunes (Advanced/Burning) is set to "audio CD" and you probably want to switch gaps between song to default to 0 seconds and uncheck "sound check".

Jun 25, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 8
Then I suppose you just have to go back and remove the files unless you want them to stay in iTunes? My only concern is that I have all the CD's ripped into MP3's in iTunes already, I just don't want the AIFF's and the MP3's getting confused...

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #4 of 8
Yes, when you rip them to your hard drive, choose "don't replace" existing file. Then, when you're done with them, just delete the version you don't want left in iTunes.

Tim

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 8
And remember you can show data added and/or bitrate columns to segregate your files to make deletion of the ones you don't want easy. Just right-click on the bar at the top of the columns.

Jun 26, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #7 of 8
I usually just use iTunes. But SimplyBurns is quite nice as well..
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back