What's the best budget single BA IEM?
May 12, 2016 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

AndroidVageta

500+ Head-Fier
Looking to get a nice (but cheaper is better) single BA IEM. I have a single dynamic bud now that I love now (Baldoor/Mrice E100) but looking for something to compliment it.

I also want a single driver IEM simply because I can sort of tell the separation of multi-driver IEM's.

So yeah...single BA...excellent crisp sound...cheap as possible. 

Oh also no Etymotics please!

Thanks!

May 12, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #3 of 6
  Looking to get a nice (but cheaper is better) single BA IEM. I have a single dynamic bud now that I love now (Baldoor/Mrice E100) but looking for something to compliment it.

I also want a single driver IEM simply because I can sort of tell the separation of multi-driver IEM's.

So yeah...single BA...excellent crisp sound...cheap as possible. 

Oh also no Etymotics please!

Thanks!

A cheap BA IEM, if one even exists, will be horribly deficient in bass and treble extremes.  Sony tried it a while ago (XBA-1 or something - I own it but I don't remember the name - it was about $80) and it was all midrange with no bass or treble extension.  A very dry sonic presentation.  If you have a problem with crossovers then I would suggest one of the better single driver units like the RHA-M750i.

May 12, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 6
  A cheap BA IEM, if one even exists, will be horribly deficient in bass and treble extremes.  Sony tried it a while ago (XBA-1 or something - I own it but I don't remember the name - it was about $80) and it was all midrange with no bass or treble extension.  A very dry sonic presentation.  If you have a problem with crossovers then I would suggest one of the better single driver units like the RHA-M750i.

Problem is that I've already got my golden dynamic (plus I've already owned the RHA's). Was looking for more of that armature type sound. Also I wouldn't say that ALL armature IEM's are lacking. The Altec Lansing I used to own years ago was a decent all arounder and there's other single BA IEM's that are reviewed pretty nicely.

May 13, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #6 of 6

Problem is that I've already got my golden dynamic (plus I've already owned the RHA's). Was looking for more of that armature type sound. Also I wouldn't say that ALL armature IEM's are lacking. The Altec Lansing I used to own years ago was a decent all arounder and there's other single BA IEM's that are reviewed pretty nicely.

Due to compromises inherent in the construction of a single-driver BA, I don't think you would be getting a good example of an "armature type sound" if you go cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back