What to get Next after HEJ900
Jul 17, 2010 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

MKang25

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have the HJE900 CZS, I am looking for a new pair. The sound quality difference from cheap $30 Koss headphones to the HJE900s were HUGEEEE. What I am curious about is would the sound quality from the HJE900 to say the SE530, IE8, UE TF10 be another huge step up in sound quality or just a tiny bit? 

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 14
Well considering how good the HJE900's sound, I think with the other headphones you will be getting different sound signatures, but the sound quality itself will be about the same, maybe marginally better but you won't get the same huge jump that you first did.

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 14
What else are you looking for in your IEMs?  More or less bass?  More balance?  More isolation?  Fewer microphonics?  Answers to these questions will help members give you more specific recommendations on IEMs which will improve your personal listening experience.

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 14
If you want something similar I'd think the MTPC or something would suit you.

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 14
I want to keep the bass the same, the HJE900 are known for their awesome bass. I would like better mids, the mids on the HJE900 are pretty low I have turn up the volume to get more detail on vocals. The HJE900 has subpar isolation so isolation would be good. My friend has the Shure Se 530, and I like how detailed the vocals are but the bass is lacking compared to the CZS. Something like the SE 530 with good bass? And maybe a wider soundstage. 

I've been looking at the IE 8, CK 10, W3 

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #7 of 14
Earsonics SM3
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #8 of 14
Well triple fi 10 have good bass, and wide soundstage, not the widest but still wide.

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #9 of 14
Between the IE8s and the W3s, the W3s have more treble response.  I find them more pleasant to listen to than the IE8s for a lot of reasons: more treble emphasis, better sound isolation, and fewer microphonics.  The IE8s have a wider sound stage.

Quote:
I want to keep the bass the same, the HJE900 are known for their awesome bass. I would like better mids, the mids on the HJE900 are pretty low I have turn up the volume to get more detail on vocals. The HJE900 has subpar isolation so isolation would be good. My friend has the Shure Se 530, and I like how detailed the vocals are but the bass is lacking compared to the CZS. Something like the SE 530 with good bass? And maybe a wider soundstage. 

I've been looking at the IE 8, CK 10, W3 

Jul 18, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #10 of 14
I think the MTPC is still your best bet. The CK10 should not be on your list if you want the same amount of bass - it's what can be described as analytical and/or neutral. If you like that sound signature it's a good option, but it's just not suited to what your requirements are.

You'd probably be happy with the Westone 3s as well, but I think the MTPC is what you want. The mids are lovely with it, and the bass has plenty of slam. Treble detail and extension is good too.

Jul 18, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #11 of 14
You won't get a huge jump in sound quality, just slight improvements or/and different signature. It depends on your budget, perhaps the Monster Copper/Miles Davis might be suitable. Miles Davis has a more forward vocal presentation, and I have not heard the Copper. Do you need really good noise isolation? If not the FX-700 is really good, and I am quite sure that the quantity of bass on the FX is more than the HJE900 (have not heard before). Consider the SM3 or SE535 too. 

If you have a huge budget, and is out for the ultimate portable experience, custom earphone is the way to go.

Jul 18, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #12 of 14
Im looking to spend $300 tops. 

Jul 18, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #14 of 14
If you can stretch another $20 seriously consider this deal on the SM3s.

Quote:
violinvirtuoso said:

THERE IS NOW A US DISTRIBUTOR FOR EARSONICS!

I just found this great deal on the Earsonics SM3.

SoundEarphones (soundearphones.com) now sells the Earsonics SM2 and SM3.

Earsonics SM3 is $352. That alone is a great deal, but it gets better:

Sound Earphones often has coupons (10% to 15% possible). Right now using "10Sound" gives you 10% off.

That means you can get the Earsonics SM3 for under $320 ($316.80).

Awesome! Spread the News!

Note: The reason that the above post is so excited, happy, etc. is because I just ordered the Earsonics SM3. I am currently at the excited and ecstatic phase. I hope I don't get to the annoyed, bored, and waiting phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back