What to do with obsolete computer stuff!
Aug 11, 2005 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

chillysalsa

Headphoneus Supremus
alternatech1ev.jpg

Aug 11, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 23
Nice...I like the cage/monitor one the best. But I wish I owned the tv/table one. It's outdated?
blink.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 23
I have a chip-keychain like that,
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
I have a chip-keychain like that,
biggrin.gif

Oh man same here! I cannibalized my old Pentium 133
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 1:11 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Oh man same here! I cannibalized my old Pentium 133
smily_headphones1.gif

Mine's a 2.26 P4B I accidently fried while on water..
frown.gif
. First and last time I'll ever fry a chip again..

Aug 11, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #8 of 23
heh those r great

Aug 11, 2005 at 3:44 AM Post #9 of 23
Some of those are hilarious. I gotta make that grill, mine is on it's last legs.

Aug 11, 2005 at 3:58 AM Post #10 of 23
Funny stuff! I know what to do with all those '2 months free' CD's I get from AOL too, go Clay Pigeon Shooting! PULL... FIRE!

580smile.gif
Abe

ps-it's either that or coasters, but I'm
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #13 of 23
haha i use little RAM sticks as keychains too! Too bad I cant afford Athlon XP's to use as keychains

Please though, If any of you have old/outdated TV's that you are just using as tables PLEASE PM ME!!!
biggrin.gif

Also... poor cat, do you know how embarassing it must be to be walked by a mouse!

Aug 11, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
haha i use little RAM sticks as keychains too! Too bad I cant afford Athlon XP's to use as keychains

Please though, If any of you have old/outdated TV's that you are just using as tables PLEASE PM ME!!!
biggrin.gif

Also... poor cat, do you know how embarassing it must be to be walked by a mouse!

Hey, you know Goodwill Surplus is a goldmine for outdated computer parts! Just the other day my brother found an Athlon processor over there, as well as several Pentium chips, RAM, lotsa stuff. And for cheap. But that's not even the good part. We've found all kinds of nice audio goodies too.

580smile.gif
Abe

Aug 11, 2005 at 7:01 AM Post #15 of 23
I would kill to have a CPU keychain. A friend and I tried on some old Pentiums (and an IBM something or other - ancient) we had, and failed. Ceramic is hella hard. I tried everything from a Dremel (multiple bits) to a 1/2HP power drill. Didn't so much as scratch it.

I do have some old EDO RAM I could use, though...

EDIT: Just Googled for CPU keychains. Recommendation for ceramic PCBs was a diamond drillbit. I'll look into that.

As for de-pinning; something I forgot to mention, I used a blunt object of some sort (can't remember now) to smash them all down, then took a bench grinder to them. The PCB, again, was completely able to withstand this, so I had no worries of damaging it. The pins were quickly reduced to nubs, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back