What to do when AliExpress is unreasonable...
Jun 2, 2022 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nraymond

500+ Head-Fier
I placed an order on April 20 through AliExpress, and tracked it closely. It was scheduled for delivery on May 7, however the status changed to "Return to Sender" that day. I opened up an investigation with USPS, who told me that the delivery address was illegible so it could not be delivered and was was sent back. I opened up a case with AliExpress and they keep saying:

Please pay more attention to the tracking information. If the package arrive at the delivery office, please contact post office to pick up in time. Buyer should be responsible for any consequences of failure to collect items in time.

According to the shipping information, the package has been shipped out by the seller and it is in transit currently. Since your package is still in protection time, please be patience waiting for the package. Any new update of your package, we will keep you updated timely or you can simply track it by go to "My orders"-"All Orders" and click "Track order".

I have provided plenty of evidence (the tracking system they link to in their app shows the status as "Return to Sender") but are basically ignoring me and saying, "Please continue to wait for 10 days". Fortunately I paid via both PayPal and through that with a credit card, so I can either open up a case with PayPal or do a chargeback via my credit card. Which one should I do, and is now the time to do it, or should I keep waiting as AliExpress insists?

Jun 2, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 7
I would personally open a case with PayPal right away, and if they don't refund you, do it through the card.

Sep 4, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 7
I placed an order on April 20 through AliExpress, and tracked it closely. It was scheduled for delivery on May 7, however the status changed to "Return to Sender" that day. I opened up an investigation with USPS, who told me that the delivery address was illegible so it could not be delivered and was was sent back. I opened up a case with AliExpress and they keep saying:

I have provided plenty of evidence (the tracking system they link to in their app shows the status as "Return to Sender") but are basically ignoring me and saying, "Please continue to wait for 10 days". Fortunately I paid via both PayPal and through that with a credit card, so I can either open up a case with PayPal or do a chargeback via my credit card. Which one should I do, and is now the time to do it, or should I keep waiting as AliExpress insists?
This is so familiar to me. I hate their service. They often just ignore me at all. I wrote to their customer support so many times, with no result. But taking into account all those aliexpress reviews I can find at https://aliexpress.pissedconsumer.com/review.html, I'm not alone there. And unfortunately, we can't change anything. Dunno how to avoid scammers.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 7
I ordered something three months ago and it made it as far as US Customs and it's been sitting there for two months.

When I opened the dispute with the seller, AliExpress stepped in and sided with the seller, saying it's with my local post office.

All this over $4.

Sep 5, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #5 of 7
I had a cable that was sent based on the wrong specs. The seller argued with me for ages saying that they made it correctly, blah blah, even though it clearly didn't work. Aliexpress sided with the seller, and my credit card company sided with me.

Sep 5, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #6 of 7
I had issue with AliExpress order that Chinese customs didn't let through and returned to the sender. Asked for cancellation, they refunded everything minus "tax". Of course attempts to contact AliExpress went to void. Opened dispute with PayPal and week later had all my money back.
Open dispute for non delivered goods, and if no response in 7 days, escalate it.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #7 of 7
I just filed a PayPal claim for my $3.98 dongle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back