What to Do? SoundMAGIC PL-30 Problems...
Mar 22, 2009 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

InspireD

Head-Fier
I purchased a PL-30 from Focalprice just as everyone did after they received such high praise. I have been using them on and off for a while and they have been serving me well.

Unfortunately, I've run into some problems recently. I don't have access to a camera at the moment, but I'll do my best to describe what happened. Basically, the plug is beginning to be detached from the cord. Right now, the plug is still joined with the cord, just pulled out of the socket with the wire exposed.

The sound is ok, the right or left channels do lose sound when I move it certain ways, but for the most part everything is functioning properly. My main concern is that after a couple more times of pulling it out of the jack, I'm afraid the plug will just tear off completely.

I'm a little torn about what to do. On one hand, I don't know what will happen if I contact Focalprice. With the whole debacle when everyone first ordered these (not returning messages, taking weeks and weeks to ship) I'm not sure whether I'll ever get a new pair back. I also don't want to ship them back to China.

On the other hand, I haven't really done too much DIY stuff when it comes to headphones, is replacing a plug simple and cheap?

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks.

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #2 of 3
Replacing a plug is not too hard, you can just pick up a Switchcraft or a Neutrik and do some soldering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back