What the **** is Blue Star Ring Headband - Headphone, More Or Less?
Nov 5, 2020 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dobrescu George

Reviewer: AudiophileHeaven
I'm making an official thread to discuss the Blue Star Ring Headband - There's no thread yet, and I actually never heard how bone conduction systems sound like. Curious about them for sure.

Long story short, I was contacted and asked if I want to review this - said yes, because I never heard a bone conduction thing before.

https://bluestarring.com/

From their website:

Bone Conduction Technology
Your Unique Listening Experience
BlueStarRing™ Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headband for Winter

• Open Ear Design
    The Bone Conduction Tech can
    deliver music through your cheekbones instead of eardrum.

• Bluetooth 5.0
    With the latest bluetooth V5.0 technology, it is easy and faster to pair the headband with your devices.

• Keep Safe&Healthy
    No need to plug earbuds into your ear, with no harm to ears and you can stay alert to surroundings sounds.

• Quality Clear Sound
    It provides a whole new stereo sound, which is clear and excellent, comparable to top normal earphones.
  • High Quality Fabrics
    After many trials and tests of different materials ,we optimized the best cotton fabrics as the headband material.

81781ea1ed57a7a206ae9879f5844b77_d0f2cf22-a7bf-4384-9d40-675a9ad54701_640x640.png
  • Soft & Comfortable
    The headband is skin-friendly to wear, you can keep your ears comfy and warm when doing outdoor activities.

d97efac7d37477f071e7229f36be450f_640x640.png
  • Adjustable Velcro
    It is easy to wear with the adjustable velcro of the headband, which fits all head sizes.

81e074c951387ef2dba40e886845c7c1_640x640.png
Headband Suitable for Various Occasions

Outdoor Activities
Designed as a sports headband, it can be used for any activities especially running, cycling, hiking, etc.

Indoor Activities
Also for indoor activities like yoga, pilates, gym workouts.

Built-in Microphone
You can make or answer phone call anytime and anywhere while doing sports.

Ear Warmer
It is also an ear warmer for winter, the headband can cover and protect your ears, but your ears still keeps open because the bluetooth modular is infront of your ears.

Sleep & Dream
Music headband can help you sleep with soothing music.

Music Therapy
The music headband can also improve focus, meditation, and assisting stress therapy with appropriate sounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They made a youtube video about it too. Just 19 views when I'm making the thread though

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you hear one of those before?

Do they work?

Are they decent?

What are your questions about it?

I want to cover more when I make the video review about it :)

Nov 5, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #2 of 4
Bone conduction is still sub par sound to normal speakers. Just for runners and such that need to hear ambient sound. Maybe with beamform speakers this could be better. Seems only good for cold weather. Nice to shovel snow with. :)

Nov 5, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #3 of 4
I have a pair of aftershokz aeropex that I use for outdoor exercise. They are bone conduction as well. The sound on them is not anything I would remotely say is audiophile quality. They are not extended well in either direction and sound is thin and lacking. They don't isolate at all, so there are lots of interruptions. Sound quality is not their fourte.

That said, they have their place and purpose. They don't isolate at all so you are fully aware of your surroundings at all times, which is quite useful for outdoor exercise when you need to be aware. I actually really like my pair and use them often. Great for listening to podcasts.

But from an audio quality perspective, it seems the technology isn't there and I think that's why these types aren't discussed around here.

Nov 5, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #4 of 4
CEF74E26-4412-4961-8710-8904E32760D0.png

One of the few things a person could wear to become even more nerdy.

Hilarious!

Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back