WHAT!!! The HD700's are made in Ireland?
Mar 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

BattleBrat

Previously known as Blasto_Brandino.
Really? I was thinking of picking some up, but now I might go with a Beyerdyne offering, or maybe those new $700 shure cans. I dunno, how do you guys feel about the HD700's being made in Ireland.

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 20
The HD800's were made in Germany, I thought ALL their reference cans would be. If memory serves all of Beyerdyne's Premiumline stuff is German made.

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #6 of 20
This IS just blatant stereotyping, the media really has that German engineering stuff shoved in your head don't they? You realize most of the "German" engineers aren't even German? 

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 20
I just prefer products be made in the country that the company that makes them is based in. For example if I wanted a Toyota, I'd prefer one made in Japan to one made in the USA. I'm not the only one, look what happened to MB Quart.

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #8 of 20
Ireland has been making Sennheisers for many years including their reference 600 and 650 models. The very first Sennheisers I purchased many years ago were made there. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Sennheisers made in ireland, they meet the same standards of those made in Germany and Ireland being a part of the EU their workers are paid living wages and work in safe and comfortable environments!

And as to head injuries comment. Though not Irish I find your comment immensely offensive and have reported you to the mods. This is an international forum!

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #9 of 20
^ congrats on the 2K post there IAN.
If Sennheiser made the HD800's in Ireland I wouldn't even mention it, but they make the HD800s in Germany and the HD700's in Ireland, it is like the HD700's are not as prestigious.

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #10 of 20

Quote:
 I dunno, how do you guys feel about the HD700's being made in Ireland.

They should have had the official release on St Patrick's Day then.

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #11 of 20
^ congrats on the 2K post there IAN.
If Sennheiser made the HD800's in Ireland I wouldn't even mention it, but they make the HD800s in Germany and the HD700's in Ireland, it is like the HD700's are not as prestigious.

Cheers mate! There is no rhyme nor reason to a global company. I remember once talking to a Sennheiser rep back in the UK. He actually confided that they had less QC recalls from their Irish Factory than they did from the German one.

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #12 of 20
I had some DT880's 250 ohm(?) I was not a fan, too hard to drive properly, Santacore had an amp that drove them well, but everything else was meh. I was interested in the DT990 Pro's.....
I'm not saying that something made in Ireland is bad, but when a German company makes a point of making a pair of headphones in Germany instead of wherever they usually make them, it says something about those headphones, and they aren't saying it with the HD700's, so perhaps the HD700's aren't anything special like the HD800's but more of an upgrade to the HD650's.

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #14 of 20
So many stereotype comments possible... 

Overload incoming...

Really though who cares? If they sound as they should then I don't care if they make them on Saturn's Moon Titan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back