What software would I use to EQ a file if EQ ability is not in my player
Apr 13, 2024 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

johncarm

100+ Head-Fier
I just upgraded my Win 11/Foobar2000 computer to a dedicated streamer/server, an Aurender N100. I'm finding that I might like to EQ some files for use with my headphones (I have many headphones). But an Aurender has no playback options at all, and I don't see a way to EQ things. In fact, the design philosophy is that they put a low-powered, slow computer in there because it sounds better. And it does sound fantastic.

So the only option I see is to regenerate select sound files (not necessarily my whole library) with EQ applied to them. Can someone recommend software for this? A DAW with specific plugins? I have Reaper. How can I do the least damage to the files? Convert to a high rate, apply the EQ, then downsample?

Apr 13, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #2 of 5
It's easy, APO Equalizer and Peace front end will let you customize it and have presets. Other players like Musicbee have better equalizers built in also. Ideally 44.1khz 16 bit music, and run windows sound in 44.1khz 24 or 32 bit mode, the highest your DAC supports.

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 5
Foobar can convert a file with some DSP in the conversion. Ages ago I used to do just that to have replaygain, EQ, and sometimes even crossfeed baked in the files.
Obviously I advise the usual precautions like starting with a few files you copied in some folder, to test and make sure you don't end up replacing the original or that you do get the result you were looking for. And after that, to make sure that those altered files are clearly identified so you don't mistake them for the originals later on.

In foobar you can select many files with the usual CTRL+ left mouse clic or SHIFT+ left mouse clic, then right clic ->"convert"-> the 3 little dots so you have all the settings options. Remember to clic the "Save <<" so you can reuse those settings later more directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back