What should i upgrade ?
Sep 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #16 of 21
Those -16dB are troublesome indeed. With that in mind, upgrading the speakers first, then the soundcard right after is a good upgrade path.

Mops123, do you require multichannel support?

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #17 of 21
sorry for not answering, ingeneer school sucks XD

i dont plan on multichannel, music sucks on 5.1/7.1

yes the bass does sound a little empty, i really dunno how to express it, 

someone suggested me i should get a subwoofer. cause getting speakers that would outcome the ones that i already have will cost more then i am willing to pay ( 200dlls ).

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:
someone suggested me i should get a subwoofer. cause getting speakers that would outcome the ones that i already have will cost more then i am willing to pay ( 200dlls ).

How do you know that? There are some good speakers out there for under $200, and ones that have mid-bass. For instance, Newegg has Pioneer speakers that they put on sale about every other week that are very good that would be about half that. 

Sep 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #19 of 21
i live in argentina, your 100 dollars speakers cost 200dollars here :frowning2:

i should give it a try, i just have to find someone here that owne a decent pair of speakers who arent out of my price range and test them.

but referring to the subwoofer , do you think its a good idea ? 
Quote:

How do you know that? There are some good speakers out there for under $200, and ones that have mid-bass. For instance, Newegg has Pioneer speakers that they put on sale about every other week that are very good that would be about half that. 

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:
i live in argentina, your 100 dollars speakers cost 200dollars here :frowning2:

i should give it a try, i just have to find someone here that owne a decent pair of speakers who arent out of my price range and test them.

but referring to the subwoofer , do you think its a good idea ? 

Depends on how good those speakers you have sound. Sure, a subwoofer could improve on the bass response if that is what's lacking. 

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #21 of 21
the bass response is indeed lacking
but i am not a bass lover anyway ( though i do use the pc for gaming and music and i would benefit from a subwoofer). what i would really like is to be able to turn up de volume without having distortion.

these are the spekaers that i could afford( take into account 1peso=5.5dlls )
_http://computacion.mercadolibre.com.ar/perifericos-y-accesorios/parlantes_OrderId_PRICE*DESC_ItemTypeID_N_AuctTypeID_AFP_PciaId_AR-C_PriceRange_750-1100

_http://electronica.mercadolibre.com.ar/audio-hogar/parlantes_OrderId_PRICE*DESC_ItemTypeID_N_AuctTypeID_AFP_PciaId_AR-C_PriceRange_750-1100

boths lists are narrowed down a bit, i really dont know about speakers but i do know that in that range there is no good brand (maybe edifier )
Quote:

Depends on how good those speakers you have sound. Sure, a subwoofer could improve on the bass response if that is what's lacking. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back