What should i do?
Aug 20, 2010 at 8:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nachash

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm a bit confused... right now I'm using a pair of MS1 unamped straight from the PC, but i think that i need something less "in you face", even if my main genre is metal/rock (but i really listen to everything, except maybe for classical right now), so i was thinking at the German Maestro (435s) and in the future a Yulong D100 and, finally, a pair of AD2000 (which seems that i can find them only in japan, with extra duties and taxes since I'm European ... )

Here's the problem, I'm a student and i really think that i need a dac/amp, but i can't afford the Yulong right now (in fact is gonna take a whole year or more for Yulong+AD2000) and i don't wanna something like an udac which I'm gonna upgrade anyway in the future... buy the 435s will be a good decision right now? or is better if i save (for a whole year or more, remember this :frowning2: ) for the Ad2000 and the Yulong D100 (which is gonna be my final rig for at least 5-6 years) ?

Also, are there some European brand with a good soundstage, a detailed bass (not an "oohmp oohmp" one, but i wanna hear the bass) without back mid/treble ?

Example of the bass line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=806aBjmSLv8

I really wanna hear the whole bass section for the entire song, but i can't... it came out only sometimes, even equalized.

Maybe I'm asking too much... maybe PRO2900?

[maybe it sucks, but i test all the EQs and headphones with that song xD]

Aug 20, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #2 of 4
The German Maestros might be a great choice.  The 435S are supposed to be a bit more bassy than the 450 Pro, which I thought were just plain too bass light.  That said, the brand tends to be quite balanced, have a great soundstage, and have really tight, clean bass.  You have the option of switching pads if you need to tweak the sound, too.

Aug 20, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #4 of 4
Or Senn´s HD 25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back