What next?
Apr 30, 2008 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bear7

100+ Head-Fier
I first bought the Grado SR60, then the SR125. My question to you audiophiles what would be the most logical (sound wise) step up in the Grado line. I listen to 70's rock mostly. I love the bass.

Thanks
bear7

Apr 30, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 6
Something from another brand? lol

Apr 30, 2008 at 12:46 PM Post #4 of 6
If you want to stick with the Grado line and you enjoy the brightness of the SR125, then the 325i is indeed something you should look at very seriously. It will also provide the most marked improvement in SQ over the 125, without jumping up to the RS series. Oh, and if you like bass, the 325i will not disappoint!

To put it in perspective, while the SR225 is indeed a relative upgrade, the most noticeable difference is in it's presentation (warmer over the 125's sound) as opposed to any kind of drastically noticeable increase in overall quality. The 325i is a substantial headphone, just not my cup of tea. Too bright for my tastes.

[EDIT] Incidentally, be wary of any possible recommendations for the HF-1. Great headphone, but bang-for-buck performance has LONG since gone out the window - they fetch a hefty price due to their limited run.

Apr 30, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #5 of 6
I think that a pair of RS-2s will give you a significant jump in SQ over the 125s. They are almost polar opposites in the Grado line. The 325is will give you more bass and a more refined sound, but the two headphones do share some similarities which is why I think you'll be more blown away with the RS-2s.

Apr 30, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by bear7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I first bought the Grado SR60, then the SR125. My question to you audiophiles what would be the most logical (sound wise) step up in the Grado line. I listen to 70's rock mostly. I love the bass.

Thanks
bear7

Shouldn't this thread be titled "up-Grado?" I'm just sayin'....

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back