What music would you like played when you've bought the farm?
Nov 5, 2010 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Argyris

Head-Fi's third most long-winded poster.
A search turned up a few threads about this, but most of them started pushing up the daisies over four years ago. I figured instead of necromancing, I'd begin afresh.

Lately I've found myself listening a great deal to "In Paradisum" from the Faure Requiem. I often fall asleep listening to it--a "lullaby of death" indeed. I'm particularly enamored with the Jeremy Summerly/Schola Cantorum of Oxford recording on Naxos.

Somewhere along the line I decided that, when I'm dead, this is the piece I want played (or performed).

I know it's kind of morbid, but I'm sure some of you have paid a passing thought to this. So I ask you, which song/piece would you like played when you make like Polly the Parrot? It could be anything, and it certainly doesn't have to be "purpose-written" like the Faure Requiem.

Nov 5, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 28
Anything by the "Grateful Dead" , I would have enjoyed  , <wink - gif.>
wink.gif

Lots of , flowers  
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 28
"I'll Be Glad When Youre Dead You Rascal You" by Cab Calloway

Nov 7, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #7 of 28
I've already given instructions that Exile on Main Street be played once in its entirety and then everyone go home.

Then bury me with headphones on.

Nov 7, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #8 of 28
Radiohead - Motion Picture Soundtrack

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #11 of 28
Pearl Jam's "Man of The Hour" from the Big Fish soundtrack.  Exquisite words and music in that song. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back