What is the record on the turntable on the The Nightlfy Sleeve?
Dec 30, 2013 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dc-k

Headphoneus Supremus
in order to not entirely divert the What Are You Listening To Right Now? thread I've set up the snappily entitled "What is the record on the turntable on the The Nightlfy Sleeve?" thread.

All suggestions welcomed...

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #2 of 6
1. Sonny Rollins
confused.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #5 of 6
"Sonny Rollins and the Contemporary Leaders" according to Wikipedia. It says the record is mentioned in the liner notes.

Wikipedia Quote:
Visible on the table with the record player, is the cover of the 1958 jazz album Sonny Rollins and the Contemporary Leaders (credited in the liner notes). 

the cover is agreed, but the disc on the turntable is reported as not matching...

Quote: [ http://www.head-fi.org/t/253245/what-are-you-listening-to-right-now-new-thread-new-rules-please-read-them/48780#post_10112495 ]
What record is actually on the TT? Yes, the album cover is Sonny Rollins but the actual record on the TT appears to be another LP.

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #6 of 6
Record companies sometimes changed a record's center label with a different design. I could see that. Otherwise, every 'Sonny Rollins & Contemporary Leaders' I've seen has a label different than what's shown on the TT.

Great holiday trivia! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back