What is the difference of the narrow holed silicon tips and the wider wholed ones?
Feb 1, 2013 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lisagorbin

100+ Head-Fier
there are lots of varieties of silicon tips for iems but what will be the difference in sound of the narrow holed silicon tips compared the wider wholed ones?

Aug 24, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 5
easy, picture a megaphone. smaller at the mpouth opening larger at the other end. this amplifies the sound you make with your voice.

basicly the same concept with the iem tips. if the tip has a larger bore at the tip of the tip, or a flanged out tip. the larger the opening the larger perception of the soundstage is going to be, i found with a larger opening at the tip from the iem's you may expierence crisper sounds in the mids and in the highs.

now with a more narrow tip, you are going to get a opposite effect, the soundstage collapses, mids and highs are veiled or muffled.

one of the best tips ive ran accross is the is the proguard earportz , as the inside of the tip is tappered from the nozzle (smaller) to the opening (larger) and its also a deeper insertion which creates exceptional isloation, so the tappered bore gives you a wide soundstage, crisp clean clear mids and highs.

Aug 26, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
easy, picture a megaphone. smaller at the mpouth opening larger at the other end. this amplifies the sound you make with your voice.

basicly the same concept with the iem tips. if the tip has a larger bore at the tip of the tip, or a flanged out tip. the larger the opening the larger perception of the soundstage is going to be, i found with a larger opening at the tip from the iem's you may expierence crisper sounds in the mids and in the highs.

now with a more narrow tip, you are going to get a opposite effect, the soundstage collapses, mids and highs are veiled or muffled.

one of the best tips ive ran accross is the is the proguard earportz , as the inside of the tip is tappered from the nozzle (smaller) to the opening (larger) and its also a deeper insertion which creates exceptional isloation, so the tappered bore gives you a wide soundstage, crisp clean clear mids and highs.

and i have no follow up question. that answered it. thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back