What is the cheapest decent sounding, heavily isolating/goes deep canalphone?
May 30, 2010 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Gluegun

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, I'm just wondering what you all would consider the cheapest canalphone that goes deep and isolates really well? Judging by that headphone.com blog thing, it is the Klipsch S2, because of it's form factor. What do you guys consider the cheapest "it isolates really well because it goes deep in your ear" canalphone that ALSO qualifies for "not having bad sound"? I'm buying a clip+, and I want to plug it directly into this.  Oh finally, I would like something that does fairly well in the durability issue, a long time ago I got some ER6's, and they didn't last very long... Anyway, thanks, I was just wondering!

May 30, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #2 of 12
Meelectronics M11. Relatively cheap, deep insertion, comfortable, well built, minimal microphonics, and decent sound. If the M6 is the best sounding of meelelec's line, then the M11 is certainly the most utilitarian.

May 30, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 12
Etymotic ER6i the isolator. Or Etymotic HF5. Or Etymotic ER4P/S. If you use the triple flange on those, the isolation on it can most probably best the isolation on custom iems.

May 30, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
Etymotic ER6i the isolator. Or Etymotic HF5. Or Etymotic ER4P/S. If you use the triple flange on those, the isolation on it can most probably best the isolation on custom iems.

That isnt helpful at ALL. I have a broken set of ER6i's, that I don't really know what to do with, and am looking for something inexpensive. I dont want the BEST isolation at all costs, I want cheap, durable, doesnt sound bad, and pretty good isolation.

May 30, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #7 of 12
Between the M11 and the S2, What is the best? Which is better at what thing??

If I can find the M11 for $37 shipped (new), and the S2 for $28 shipped (new open box), I should go for the S2 because they are mostly equal?

May 30, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #8 of 12
The M11 is better-built (though the S2 is no slouch), more comfortable (shorter body, more natural cable exit angle), and much less microphonic. The S2 sounds better overall. Personally I'd grab the new Meelecs for warranty coverage.

May 30, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #9 of 12
Based solely on this eBay listing, the S2 is probably your best bet. It's $16.99 + $2.99 shipping. It's used in "like new" condition but if that doesn't bother you, this seems like a great deal. In fact, I might just jump on it myself.
biggrin.gif
The seller has 3500+ feedback ratings too so I'm pretty sure these are legit.

May 30, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
Based solely on this eBay listing, the S2 is probably your best bet. It's $16.99 + $2.99 shipping. It's used in "like new" condition but if that doesn't bother you, this seems like a great deal. In fact, I might just jump on it myself.
biggrin.gif
The seller has 3500+ feedback ratings too so I'm pretty sure these are legit.

Yea, I am a little squicked about getting USED IEM's, no matter how "like new" they may be...

May 30, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
Yea, I am a little squicked about getting USED IEM's, no matter how "like new" they may be...

I am admittedly a bit worried about getting used IEMs at times but when I get them, I go over them meticulously with the cleanser and then they're practically new again.

I can definitely see why you're worried about getting used IEMs since you don't know whose ears they've been in but there are some amazing deals in the "like new" market that I couldn't help but pounce on, even if they were used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back