what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL??
Mar 22, 2014 at 10:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 82

nananan

New Head-Fier
So far, Audio Technica IM02 is my pick! I love the outstanding, crystal clear vocal & just a little bass
However, while I've been waiting for it to be available at local store.
I'd like to ask you guys if there's any other interesting choices?
Like... UE900
or RE-400 (I've never tried this one, but heard it really rocks!)

Any suggestion? I'd like to try other choices before I make decision.

PS: a price is regardless.

Thanks in advance!

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #2 of 82
I love vocals on the IM02, especially female vocals.  RE-262 is also very nice.  Although it isn't on the same level as the IM02, it provides a very warm, lush, and smooth vocal presentation.

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #4 of 82
Depends on what type of vocal output you like.  If you like detailed textured, but not forward(by sound not imaging forward, location wise 334 is very close sounding) and flat, it's To Go 334 if you fit them right.  If you like grainy textured forward vocals, it's the SE846.  I personally prefer the 334 since I don't like sharp forward sound or the harsh grainyness.  I also like the wide sounding nature of the vocals and the airyness of the 334.

I haven't tried many other high end ones so I cannot comment on those besides the low end stuff that can't compete with the two I've mentioned.

I'm a huge fan of vocals, and I source my headphones from ODAC/O2.  It's really great for vocals.

Mar 22, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #7 of 82
UE900 is a very competent IEM - for a nice analysis go here.... You would not be going wrong - and you wouldn't be spending 1K and above like some of the other suggestions.

http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2012/10/ultimate-ears-ue900-part1-aesthetics.html

Cheers,

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #8 of 82
UE900 is a very competent IEM - for a nice analysis go here.... You would not be going wrong - and you wouldn't be spending 1K and above like some of the other suggestions.

http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2012/10/ultimate-ears-ue900-part1-aesthetics.html

Cheers,

Hey @Ivabign
Thanks for your confirmation. Now, I intend to get it as a second-use item with a deal around $250, no scratch on it.
I think it's a worth deal so far,,,
I'd like to ask a bit more about comfortability. How about its weight? Is it comfy?

Thanks!

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #10 of 82
Hey @Ivabign
Thanks for your confirmation. Now, I intend to get it as a second-use item with a deal around $250, no scratch on it.
I think it's a worth deal so far,,,
I'd like to ask a bit more about comfortability. How about its weight? Is it comfy?

Thanks!

It is a light unit - worn over the ear - much better ergonomics than its predecessor the TF10 - much easier to wear. Comfortable.

Mar 28, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #14 of 82
anyone knows about UE900?
i love the design so far...

Vocals are not the UE 900's strong suite.  Something like the Westone W4 does it better.  RE-400 is a great IEM for this as well if you are looking for something cheaper. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back