What is the best IEM available for ~$100? I plan to use these for ~12 hours a day.
Dec 24, 2012 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mindstormer

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am looking for the best IEM available for ~$100. I understand that there many options, but here are my specific needs:

- Listen to classical music (and music where it's all about instruments), alternative rock, pop music, and other mainstream music. Nothing too hardcore for my ears that would make it bleed or hurt.

- Can block outside noises decently (I don't know if noise-cancellation is what I'm looking for)--I commute for at least 2 hours each day on a bus. I also don't want people to be able to hear what I'm listening to if I turn the music to a decent volume in a very quiet room.

- Comfort is key (this will probably not be a problem, but I have small ears. I have interchangeable ear "caps" from my previous Seinheisser CX500). I currently use my ATH-AD700 headphones for at least 8 hours just on the computer--it can get pretty tiresome on the ears. 

Right now, it seems that the Klipsch Image X10 is good, but I'm not sure if I can get better for $90 it's selling on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-X10-Noise-Isolating-Earphone/dp/B000WAHFBK

Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks a lot in advance, I will be checking back on this thread periodically until there are no more responses.

Dec 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 5
For the type of music you are listening to I would get hifiman re0, very detailed, good instrument separation and not overbearing bass and they are currently on sale for $49. The x10s are very good as well but you may like the re0s detail

Dec 24, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 5
For 100 best isolation iem Shure Se 215 Westone 1/UM-1 215 bassy and mids good Westone 1 all round balance fighter both strong at isolation with ear foam

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
For the type of music you are listening to I would get hifiman re0, very detailed, good instrument separation and not overbearing bass and they are currently on sale for $49. The x10s are very good as well but you may like the re0s detail

I did a quick Google search and read that while it has phenomenal details, the build quality is really bad. Where was the deal for $49 from? I can't find it on Google yet.

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 5
Head-direct web site, org sponsor. Havnt read to much about poor build quality but most love the SQ. UE700 and RE262 would also be very good in that price for that type of music. UE is a dual BA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back