What is the best AMP/DAC combo for HD650?
Jul 25, 2018 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

quette29128

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased the Senneiser HD650s. I'm currently using the Fiio E17k to power them. I will upgrade to balanced cables in the near future. I want to upgrade my dac/amp. Should I invest in something like the Schiit Jotunheim with a DAC card or a separate DAC and AMP? My budget is between $200 - $500.

Jul 25, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #5 of 9
I would personally prefer a Jotunheim to a magni+modi combo.

Jul 25, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #7 of 9
I think the Crack is one of the best I’ve heard the 650’s but it is a undertaking if you’re not inclined with soldering and don’t have a decent multimeter to check it out after you finished. It is pretty easy to do and the instructions are great but can be intimidating if you don’t have those skills. The CTH would be my next best choice.

Jul 25, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #8 of 9
I think the Crack is one of the best I’ve heard the 650’s but it is a undertaking if you’re not inclined with soldering and don’t have a decent multimeter to check it out after you finished. It is pretty easy to do and the instructions are great but can be intimidating if you don’t have those skills. The CTH would be my next best choice.

True, I will also suggest looking for a built Crack in that case. I see them for sale fairly often here on Head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back