What is reason rockbox not working on current gen ipod?
Sep 24, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #2 of 7
Last-gen ipods firmware is encrypted, and firmware process is encrypted, so, basically, there is just no way found (yet) to install custom firmware on it.
However, you can hope that in some not so distant future there would be a rockbox application for iOS (iTouch, iPhone).

Sep 24, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 7
I believe that it was not completely broken; the hack that was found still doesn't allow for full-fledged custom firmware installation. Maybe i'm wrong.

Sep 24, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #5 of 7
ipod is like the best selling mp3 players in the world... i can't understand that there is lack of interest...
must be very complicated to work with all those obstacles

Sep 24, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
I believe that it was not completely broken; the hack that was found still doesn't allow for full-fledged custom firmware installation. Maybe i'm wrong.

The Nano 2G is ported with the same hack, so if someone actually have the interest to port it, it's possible.

Quote:
ipod is like the best selling mp3 players in the world... i can't understand that there is lack of interest...
must be very complicated to work with all those obstacles

Don't forget that rockbox is a free program, and these people are doing what they can to help out the community. 

Porting is a lot of hard work. If you truly want there to be a port, join the effort on the Rockbox forums, or else the only thing you can do is wait.

Sep 24, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #7 of 7
^^ yes, the RB team isn't doing as their livelihood. They need donations, hardware, money, beer - the works, to keep them going. The only thing RB would really interest me for the iPod touch is native FLAC, but otherwise, I don't need it for sound. I love RB for certain players, but mainly as I miss gapless playback and AAC. I'm not a heavy EQ person and have pretty balanced hearing, so no need for channel mixing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back