What is a good first Car?
May 4, 2005 at 2:31 PM Post #46 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMacDaddy
Road and Track did a few reviews on the luxury sedan market about a year ago if I remember right, in which the Cadillac CTS beat out a Mercedes and BMW... maybe even an infinity? seems like there was another car in there...

MacDaddy, I did read the sports compact sedan shoot-out by R&T. The CTS did NOT beat out Infiniti G35, BMW 325 and Lexus IS300. Matter of fact it only came in the middle of 11 cars. If I remember correctly there were Acura TL, Audi A4 3.0 quattro, BMW 325, Cadillac CTS, Infiniti G35, Jaguar X-type, Lexus IS300, Lincoln LS, MBenz C320, Saab 9.5, Volvo S60. This comparison was one of the best I've read in recent times. Why? Because of the fierce competition in this segment. Most cars were equipped with 6-cylinder engine or similar. I believe the G35 and 325 bested 1st and 2nd places. Last places were Jaguar, Lincoln and Volvo, not in order.

Anyway, I do think Caddy CTS is very good especially when given all the financial incentives and discounts by GM. I saw many new CTS-V going $10k less than their sticker price suggested. At that price range the little V makes very compelling case against Audi S4, Bmw M3, Lexus LS430, Infiniti M45.

May 4, 2005 at 2:34 PM Post #47 of 47
Quote:

Acura TL, Audi A4 3.0 quattro, BMW 325, Cadillac CTS, Infiniti G35, Jaguar X-type, Lexus IS300, Lincoln LS, MBenz C320, Saab 9.5, Volvo S60

Yes, any of these would make excellent first cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back