What headphones are you currently rocking?
Apr 28, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #181 of 1,757
Denon AH-D5000 
dt880smile.png
 it's weird, the headphones I'm getting are or have been discontinued now. 

Apr 28, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #183 of 1,757
CD900ST's. Pretty much all my music listening is done with these. The DT770 Pro's are reserved for games and movies, mostly.

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #187 of 1,757
Fostex T50RP, after modding these I still can't believe the sound. Might jump into the IEM bandwagon because of portability and comfort, but I don't think I'll get any full size headphones anytime soon. I'm quite happy with my current set of headphones.

May 1, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #188 of 1,757

Quote:
My Skull Candy Inked IEMs just broke. They say they have a lifetime warrenty( that would be cool with everything on Head-Fi). It would almost be easer just to buy another pair as they cost almost the same as postage and handling. HA 

This is why they offer a life time warrenty, how many people actually cash in on it?

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #192 of 1,757
Quote:
Fostex T50RP, after modding these I still can't believe the sound. Might jump into the IEM bandwagon because of portability and comfort, but I don't think I'll get any full size headphones anytime soon. I'm quite happy with my current set of headphones.

Couldn't agree with this more.

Currently listening to my V-Moda M80's. Need to get some custom plates for these, but can't think of a design!

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #193 of 1,757
Has anyone else experienced this?:

I have a pair of

Audio-Technica ATHANC7

which I LOVE.  (I'm unable to wear inner ear buds and the sound on the smaller headphones just doesn't rock my soul, thus the need for beefy ear magnifiers)
I received the Bose QuietComfort 15 and I thought they would have blown away the Technica but they don't! 
An oddity is that the Bose are significantly louder and somewhat distorted at the same volume level as the Technica....I've tried it on an MP3 player, my HP laptop, and directly from my
Pioneer VSX D701S receiver and, surprising to me, I like the Technica better.

Has anyone else tried them both and found any others that are even better?

Jun 3, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #194 of 1,757
HD800 at home JH5 everywhere else. For the first time in a long time I can say I'm happy with what I have. Now I just have to sell the rest.

Jun 3, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #195 of 1,757
I got a pair of Westone 2 phones to replace Shure 215s and Monster Turbines (which I lost :frowning2: ) as my daily driver.  I couldn't be happier.  I've wanted dual driver IEMs for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back