What have all those longtime members done that got banned recently?
Nov 3, 2010 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nickchen

Headphoneus Supremus
Just asking.

Nov 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 6
Probably for some violation of the user agreement we agree to when we join.

This place is as liberal as I've seen on a public internet forum as far as letting people say what they think.

I was a member of a popular shaving forum where a guy was banned for violating portions of eBays user agreement. A member started a thread about it to bash the eBayer, who honorably owned up to his mistake and apologized to the forum community after removing the auctions from eBay himself. They still banned him the next day. He was a longtime member with over 1500 posts
A day or so later someone posted a thread asking if members were not allowed to discuss products from a banned vendor (a totally unrelated thread).
I replied with this:

"In a forum where you can be banned for violating eBay policies, anythings possible. This may be my last post."

I was banned and my post deleted 15 seconds after I submitted that.  True story.

Nov 3, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 6
Don't know exactly who you are talking about but I am pretty sure this thread will be deleted... I think it's also a rule here that the reason why people are banned is not to be discussed in public.

Interested though...

Nov 3, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm starting to feel like a broken record. One of these threads turns up about once a week.

Again, people get banned for repeatedly breaking the rules.

The rules are set forth in the TOS.

You will be warned before you are banned.

Bans are discussed privately by the Head-Fi Staff and happen when a consensus is reached. (Except for spammers; I'm not going to bug Jude when some idiot is plastering the forums with $199 iPad from China posts.)

We do not discuss the terms of bans with third parties. Discipline is between Staff and the member only.

If you have any questions about the rules, feel free to send me a PM.

Finally, we do not discuss Head-Fi's moderation or administration publically. I am locking this thread but will leave it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back