What do you do when you're "down in the slumps"?
Aug 31, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #16 of 48
When I'm down, I throw a party.

A pity party.

Aug 31, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #17 of 48
here's my randon list of stuff to do to take your mind off feeling down.

audio

sleep

chocolate

animals

friends

funny movies

long walks

head-fi

baseball games

head-fi

going outside

fresh air

helping others

i agree with no drugs and no alcohol. that stuff makes you feel good but it's very short lasting and fake.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #18 of 48
Yeah...pretty sucky....being at the gym was good for a short time, but now, I'm sore, tired, and still miserable, lol.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #19 of 48
Supreme Commander. Used to Be Total Annihilation, but I upgraded big time, so now I play Supreme Commander. Don't have time to mope when I'm playing that.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oicdn why not pick up a cheap bicycle? I find cycling helps get rid of stress as well.

edit: oh yes Qix on the original Game Boy is a good stress reliever as well, though the later levels might induce more stress
plainface.gif

Better yet, pick up a cheap m-cycle, riding is "cheaper than therapy." Ride, man, ride. That's what I do.

Seriously, Nate I checked your bio, your 25, a lot of folks your age have this angst thing goin' on, and they're doing some crazy-a--s--t, dude try and hold it together and see if you can make it to 30.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #21 of 48
Work-out very hard, watch a good comedy and/or listen to some really uplifting songs.

Hope you feel better.

Take care, Ed.

Aug 31, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #22 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better yet, pick up a cheap m-cycle, riding is "cheaper than therapy." Ride, man, ride. That's what I do.

Seriously, Nate I checked your bio, your 25, a lot of folks your age have this angst thing goin' on, and they're doing some crazy-a--s--t, dude try and hold it together and see if you can make it to 30.

Meh...maybe I feel like I'm not accomplishing anything....or I'm holding too high of an expectation of myself?

I live at home with the rents*, which in itself, is depressing. It's for all the right reasons, but still...ghey. Even though I'm never home (I'm home to sleep and that's pretty much it. I eat out, and am either working or out and about.)

The reason I don't have a cheap bicycle, is cause a cheap bicycle riding trials is more frustrating that the things you're trying to get away from, lol. Trust me, I want another trials bike, but I'm looking at MINIMUM $1200 to have a trials rig worth a crap that I won't want to throw into the lake by my house.

*I live at home because my dad got a job overseas (he's a merchant marine. He's out for MONTHS at a time). My mother is in her 60's, and has a cracked vertebrea. If she moves wrong, or lifts something wrong/too heavy, she could be paralyzed. Both of my sisters live out of state. I'm pretty much the only child she has living remotely close. My mom told me she'd pay for any college if I wanted to go and inish, and it'd give me an opportunity to save some money, and concentrate on my business and work because I wouldn't have an $1200/mo payment on a 800sq/ft loft(yes, I HAVE to live at the beach). So, I'm pretty much living at home, so my mom isn't alone at night.....yeah, I know....ghey.

Aug 31, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #23 of 48
I just dim the lights and listen to some tunes.
playing guitar is equally stress relieving.
Posting here helps too. Not too long ago I was stressed and bummed out over my son. Head-fi ers came to my rescue and offered tons of support and advice.

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #24 of 48
no. it's not "ghey." it's awesome that's your helping out your mom. she would be unhappy if she were all alone and not able to get around. plus, you are helping yourself. having an apartment is nice and all, but not a great way to save money. the only time i had any decent savings* was when i was working and living at home. and if you are going to school, it is almost a must. otherwise the debt grows to outrageous proportions.

* my savings were also must better before head-fi, but that is another story.

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #26 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meh...maybe I feel like I'm not accomplishing anything....or I'm holding too high of an expectation of myself?

I live at home with the rents*, which in itself, is depressing. It's for all the right reasons, but still...ghey. Even though I'm never home (I'm home to sleep and that's pretty much it. I eat out, and am either working or out and about.)

The reason I don't have a cheap bicycle, is cause a cheap bicycle riding trials is more frustrating that the things you're trying to get away from, lol. Trust me, I want another trials bike, but I'm looking at MINIMUM $1200 to have a trials rig worth a crap that I won't want to throw into the lake by my house.

*I live at home because my dad got a job overseas (he's a merchant marine. He's out for MONTHS at a time). My mother is in her 60's, and has a cracked vertebrea. If she moves wrong, or lifts something wrong/too heavy, she could be paralyzed. Both of my sisters live out of state. I'm pretty much the only child she has living remotely close. My mom told me she'd pay for any college if I wanted to go and inish, and it'd give me an opportunity to save some money, and concentrate on my business and work because I wouldn't have an $1200/mo payment on a 800sq/ft loft(yes, I HAVE to live at the beach). So, I'm pretty much living at home, so my mom isn't alone at night.....yeah, I know....ghey.

Is trials something related to competition? Or did you mean something to ride trails?

Because if you're just looking for a trails bike you can't be too picky, a $500 bike (jeez you could get a pretty nice hardtail for way less than that used) is better than nothing for single track. And at least you're getting out there rather than feeling down. I'm confused how having a cheaper bike to ride would make you more stressed out
confused.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no. it's not "ghey." it's awesome that's your helping out your mom. she would be unhappy if she were all alone and not able to get around. plus, you are helping yourself. having an apartment is nice and all, but not a great way to save money. the only time i had any decent savings* was when i was working and living at home. and if you are going to school, it is almost a must. otherwise the debt grows to outrageous proportions.

* my savings were also must better before head-fi, but that is another story.

Maybe it's the social life aspect of it all....seeing as there's NO CHANCE of bringing somebody home, lol. It's kinda wierd, most parents want thier kids to get the hell out, my parents would rather me live at home, lol.

Oh well....I need to get a punching bag....haha

Aug 31, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #29 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trust me, I want another trials bike, but I'm looking at MINIMUM $1200 to have a trials rig worth a crap that I won't want to throw into the lake by my house.

Trials ?!
Like: http://www.nmtrials.org/images/utah/u_rid_7.jpg

If that's what you're talking about you are right $1200 is the minimum for used "modern" bike.

Dang, now I'm feelin' bummed, haven't fire up the Montesa in over a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back