What could cause different sound between left and right custom monitors (2 different manufacturers)?
Apr 23, 2015 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mistertomlinson

100+ Head-Fier
I recently got a pair of Cosmic Ear customs and noticed immediately the right monitor was off. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is. I don't know if the right monitor is lower in volume or if it isnt as bright as the left. I thought it must be an issue with the monitors until I got my JH16s and they have the same issue.

What could cause this? Could my right ear canal be angled oddly? Perhaps a deeper impression would help?

I've also considered maybe my hearing is not as good in my right ear. I'm gonna try cleaning my ears out later and finding a sound test online using a full size pair of headphones (I can't recall if I have this trouble with my other headphones). If I did have poor hearing in my right ear, is it possible for them to boost the volume in one monitor just a db or 2?

Thanks for any help you could give me.

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 4
I have encountered this as well with my Cosmic Ears. Although it happens with certain albums because not every album has it where I can notice that something is off in one of the monitors. Mine usually is particularly affected in the left monitor. Something to do with song mastering in specific maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back