What CD format should i use?
Dec 9, 2016 at 8:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

waveey

New Head-Fier
I have a bunch of CDs i want to rip and make into a sort of mixtape thing so i can listen through hifi, but i downloaded them all as FLACs but the CD player said error. I did a bit of googling and apparently i cant use FLAC though it, so im not sure which is the next best sounding/least loss format which i can successfully use through it. 

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #2 of 6
I believe AAC is better than MP3 (AAC @ 256VBR is the best,) but isn't as widely supported as MP3. Check you electronics to make sure than can support AAC, if not than MP3 @ 320VBR is your next best bet. Get a second opinion though, I don't know as much as others here. What CD player are you using?

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #4 of 6
A modified arcam alpha + so i guess it will be the basic format but im not exactly sure

Yeah, looks like that was made in 89', FLAC was first released in 2001. Not sure if you can modify that to play FLAC. Also AAC was created in 97', so it probably won't support that either. Which means- if I'm correct, again get a second opinion from someone who knows more- it may not support that either. MP3 at 320 isn't thay bad anyway (to me anyway.)

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #5 of 6
i only need it until Christmas which is only 15 days away
smily_headphones1.gif
 i think my dads hauling a bunch of stuff for a new stack, at least thats what hes hinted at 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back