what can we do to police internet bullying and slander on Head-fi
Mar 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 99

qusp

Member of the Trade: Twisted Cables
OK guys, this post has eventuated because I have recently had a VERY unpleasant experience with another head-fier. He enlisted my services to get a cable made, I had told him my conditions and my expected schedule for delivery. I only included regular airmail as part of the price, which he was aware of from the beginning. Normally this service takes at the most 2 weeks to get anywhere in the world, but to spain it seems to take a lot longer; maybe because of their customs, I dont know.

He started to complain when it was more than 2 weeks and it turned up in about 2.5 weeks. there was an easily fixed problem with the cable when it arrived, which I supplied him with easy instructions to fix. he didnt want to do it (even though it only involved pushing a ground pin up with another pin so as to save him and me some time) so I suggested he send it back at my expense and I would fix it. he wanted me to refund him in full. I refused but said I would only 'repair' it. he wanted me to pay for express post back here or send another cable before I received his 'faulty' one. I sent him his replacement cable 2 days after I received the first one back; I used the same postal service.

He started to make all sorts of accusations in my feedback thread and basically extorted a refund out of me when the cable hadnt arrived in 2.5 weeks. he has continued to post lies about me and the cable (based on no knowledge of how they work at all) everywhere he can. defaming me and turning the one untruth I told him into me being pathological (that lie was that I said I was at work one day and couldnt reply to his email; oh and I also posted he was in his 50's, when he was actually only 46 a mistake I didnt remember his age properly)
He has filled my feedback thread up with accusations, lies and slander and seemingly was pissed off when I continued to get great feedback from customers after him. this behavior has also spilled out into the regular threads, anywhere he sees a post of mine or someone mentions my name he will pipe up and tell his version of the story, quoting me out of context and leaving his own rude, unreasonable and demanding words out of course)

I am out many, many hours of time, the replacement cable which may or may not have arrived; and the refund I finally lamented to give him after he bullied me with a paypal claim, the day after I had sent him the replacement cable. I had informed him I was shipping the replacement and instead of making the claim then, he waited till after I had sent it and then made the claim. I have PM'ed the mods about this as I dont think this sort of behavior should be allowed on here. I dont think his initial feedback on the matter should be deleted; everyone is alowed to give feedback on a sale, no matter how untrue, there was some truth in it, I did send a cable that didnt work (due to being shaken around in postage), and I did get rude with him, only after his initial response to my email telling him to send it back, was obnoxious, demanding and slanderous. so I basically replied in kind; my language just happened to be more colorful
tongue.gif

so what I guess i'm saying is what can we do to stop this sort of thing.?? as I have said in my thread and elsewhere; if this guy was here in Australia, I would definitely be taking him to court, but since he is in Spain, that makes it difficult to impossible; or at least not worth it. He knows this and is taking advantage; should I start a feedback thread for him?? he hasnt got any feedback here at least he didnt a couple of weeks ago, but I I didnt want to sink to his level of behavior by starting a feedback thread in which to tell some truths. I do think that the community should be aware of his behavior. He still claims the cable hasnt arrived, but his behavior and the fact that I have not lost 1 package out of about 100 in the last 6 months and for this one to be the first seems a bit too much of a coincidence. I dont have any proof to say he is lying about that, but it is definitely a possibility. given his behavior I wouldnt put it past him. since he has proven to be juvenile and malicious already. My feedback on here has been very good and his is the first negative experience that has been posted before or since.

what do you guys think?? how can we stop this sort of bullying from going on?? it is a difficult thing to do, but I think it is important that we feel that if someone makes it his/her agenda to trash someone there should be consequences and in my case he has made an attempt to ruin my only source of income (yes i'm becoming a full MOT and sponsor shortly) but for this one guy to be able to carry on like this is unjust IMO.

Mar 5, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 99
too long; didn't read.

Mar 5, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
should I start a feedback thread for him?? he hasnt got any feedback here at least he didnt a couple of weeks ago, but I I didnt want to sink to his level of behavior by starting a feedback thread in which to tell some truths. I do think that the community should be aware of his behavior.

First off, paragraphs are your friend. Second off leave feedback, that is what its for. Third, link to this post in your own feedback thread (hopefully with paragraphs instead of a wall of text).

Honestly though, your story is no more true than his in my mind. That is how it works... all you can do is try to make the best of it.

Mar 5, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 99
,point taken; its a long story though; I will try and shorten it

Mar 5, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #6 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First off, paragraphs are your friend. Second off leave feedback, that is what its for. Third, post in your own feedback thread this post (hopefully with paragraphs instead of a wall of text).

Honestly though, your story is no more true than his in my mind. That is how it works... all you can do is try to make the best of it.

I am trying to, but he is still going on with it in a number of venues. I understand you have to take my story as just that, my story. thanks for the feedback though, I guess what I ask is whether I should start a feedback thread for the sole purpose of warning people about him. that seemed a little petty to me; if he already had one I dont think I would have thought twice about it though. I dont know why i'm thinking of him after what he has done, but yeah I didnt want to start a thread for him that warns people off

Mar 5, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #7 of 99
There's always someone who ruins it for everyone else. Could you possible post who it was.

Mar 5, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #9 of 99
yeah thats him; shouldnt have bought into it; and made a few attempts to walk away, but something he did via email or on there or via paypal kept me on the boil and I found it very difficult. and now outside in the general threads too. man, I dont want to chase that idiot around corecting him and I wont, but I just wish something would be done

Mar 5, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #10 of 99
Yeah, lately there have been a decent (ironic word to use) amount of members (most of them signed up within the last six months) who have made it difficult for this forum to be the place it once was.

In the end though, everything will probably take its course, and most of them will be banned (hopefully permanently). Just have to wait for the annoyance to become widespread.
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #11 of 99
you can't, what happened sucks but it seems like this is more of a rant/complaining thread than a constructive one. I don't know the story but yeah it comes down to your word against his, a moderator might have a tough time if he/she tried to step in. Normally I hate buyers who are anal or have ridiculous expectations, but if you sent him something not 100% complete then a full refund doesn't sound unreasonable, again don't know the real story though.

Mar 5, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #12 of 99
I think you just need to move on qusp..

There are bound to be people like this bugger with whom we all cross paths a few times in our lives.
I believe you have put enough info regarding your position on the matter though I didn't go through all.
Just seeing that you cared enough to post all that info on your feedback thread and here goes to show you are the genuine deal..you are concerned about your standing in this community and to your customers, future and previous
Don't waste your life on this anymore....move on....such people are not worth your time nor any of ours..

Cheers mate!!

Mar 5, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #15 of 99
dont think theres much we can do. The internet is available to all sorts of people these days, and not all people are nice.
you could always name and shame, but theres lots of proxies and ways to get around bans/shame threads etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back