What can I do next!!!!!
May 5, 2008 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

bear7

100+ Head-Fier
First let me say I'm not a audiophile yet, but i do know what sounds good to me and does not. What's the one thing I could do myself to improve the sound quality of my Grado sr125's. I listen to 70's rock.

thanks
bear7

May 5, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by bear7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean?

I think he means "what do you mean?".

May 5, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #5 of 13
What your amp is and what your source is for core importance.

More fleshed out information about what it is that you find lacking, what it is you're looking for, what you might like to try or have next, that sort of thing, would also be helpful. We cant suggest where to go if we don't know where you are.

May 5, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What your amp is and what your source is for core importance.

More fleshed out information about what it is that you find lacking, what it is you're looking for, what you might like to try or have next, that sort of thing, would also be helpful. We cant suggest where to go if we don't know where you are.

X2 with Duggeh. Also, what are you using for your source now? Ipod, CD player? Also do you have any amp? Lastly and most importantly, what is your budget and sorry about your wallet
wink.gif
?

May 6, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

First let me say I'm not a audiophile yet, but i do know what sounds good to me and does not. What's the one thing I could do myself to improve the sound quality of my Grado sr125's. I listen to 70's rock.

thanks
bear7

woody them.

May 6, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

I'm sorry for bothering ya'll. I can see I'm out of my league!!!

No big deal!
smily_headphones1.gif

Just go ahead and list what you're using to listen to them? Are you just using an mp3 player? CD player? Do you have an amp?

May 6, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woody them.

Yup Woody them would be good. headcoverage.com offers woodies for them at a nice price
wink.gif

May 6, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

I'm sorry for bothering ya'll. I can see I'm out of my league!!!

Chill out. You can't expect to go to the doctor and say "fix me," without describing some symptoms. Aside from that, I think that, as is usual, you have been given reasonable suggestions.

May 6, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #13 of 13
Don't get intimidated. I remember my in my first thread that people were recommending that I buy all sorts of odd items (cables, paper, etc.).

Your source is what you use to listen to music, i.e. your cd player, digital audio player (ipod, etc.), computer/audio card, or even turntable/record player.

An amp is just that, an amplifier. Many members here use headphone amplifiers in order to get the most out of their headphone investment.

There are also modifications (or mods) that you could do to your headphones in order to adjust the sound to your preference. Some members here have done everything from changing the headphone cable to using wood for the reverberation chamber that the headphone driver sits in.

In order to get an idea of what we can do to help you, we need to know what you have. If it's a 5.5 generation ipod with your SR-125s, that gives us something to work with.

Let us know.

Nylan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back