What band would you most like to play with?
Feb 15, 2004 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Trawlerman

A British ingredient in our rockin' international gumbo.
Let's image in for a moment that you could play any instrument that you want, or sing just like the greats. What band would you most like to play with?

For me it would be the Stax Records house band. Or more appropriately, the band that Otis Redding used.

It would be that or possibly with Duke Ellingtons band.... Johnny Hodges et al........

I suppose Elvis's band from the 60s would be pretty cool too!

Feb 15, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 35
Pink Floyd, without all of the drugs, of course.
biggrin.gif

The feeling of relaxation and reflection they evoke is amazing.
I would love to be on stage, singing along with such an ease.

There is something about their music that enthrals me to death.
The care-free, inner peace, Tao-like approach they have to music.

Pink Floyd is truly something else...

And Phish would be a close second.

BANGPOD

Feb 15, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #3 of 35
Sonic Youth..

I used to play guitar with some friends back in highschool, we were very much inspired by SY. It's really fun to make noise and improv your way to a state of feedback insanity. But to try that with the masters of it all would be like playing roadhockey with Gretzky.

Feb 15, 2004 at 3:54 AM Post #6 of 35
There are several female groups I would most like to play with, is it one at a time or all at once?
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 15, 2004 at 4:03 AM Post #7 of 35
I would have to go with Pink Floyd as well. I'd love jam with David Gilmour. If not the Floyd, then most certainly Mark Knopfler.

Feb 15, 2004 at 4:28 AM Post #8 of 35
Since this is fantasy;
I think I would like to play with Bill Haley and his Comets.

But, if I had to choose a currently alive bunch to play with, I would like to play the drums for Rob Zombie.

Feb 15, 2004 at 7:07 AM Post #10 of 35
Like Mr. PD said, since this is fantasy... I would play a complete set with Nirvana, Kurt could just sing and I could cover the guitar duties.

My second choice would be to stand in for James Iha in the Smashing Pumpkins.

I actually do play guitar, and I think I actually could do either. I can play pretty much the whole catalog from either band.

ROCK!
rs1smile.gif

Feb 15, 2004 at 6:36 PM Post #12 of 35
I would play with Phish, just get on stage and jam for hours on end
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2004 at 9:08 PM Post #13 of 35
I would like to be the guitarist for Sarah McClachlin (just kidding)

I would like to be on stage with Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Joe Satriani, Stuart Hamm, and Chick Corea on keys, and Bill Bruford on drums. I would be playing lead...of course, and everyone else would be playing melody.
And just so the audience could stay focused on me, I woud have Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, Madonna, and Britney, dancing on poles on the sides.
cool.gif

Feb 16, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #15 of 35
I would love to play with The Who live. On the stage is where they really shined; what a fantastic experience that would be. Especially if I played Tommy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back