What are your 3 favorite iems and why?
Jun 13, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 29
RE0 - Detail & clarity (quite microphonic)
SoundMAGIC PL50 - low microphonics & eq-able to somewhat re0 level
Senn MX580 - not really IEM but good buds fro 30 bucks
JVC FX66 - nice beaters
JVC FX34 - see above

note - those are the main earphones ive listened to

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #5 of 29
Coppers
e-q7
SM3

Everyone has it's own job.

Jun 13, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #6 of 29
1.  SE530

the most glorious mids ever and fabulous bass.  gentle on the ears in the highs

2.  IE7

great mids, great bass, smooth, soft and gentle on the ears

3.  cant decide TF10, IE8 KC3, PL-50, RE-0, C751.  prob the TF10 if i was forced to choose

its the opposite of the other 2, just suits more aggressive moods and music

Jun 13, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #7 of 29
1.SM3
2.e-Q7
3.ck10

The SM3 airy soundstage does makes it more engaging to listen to and it also has much better bass both in quality and quantity than the e-Q7. Technically it is better than my beloved e-Q7 and if I can only keep one it would have to be the SM3 but I can't seem to forget about the e-Q7 even though I have found something that is technically better. Their vocals is something that I prefer over the SM3. They are that good.

Jun 13, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #8 of 29
UE Metro.fi 2/200 - loads of bass but overall i've yet to hear better from the competition. much as i love my triple.fi's I think the metro's are brilliant value for money. good choice for bass heads. 

Radiopaq - I thought the different options were a ridiculous gimmick and to a certain degree it is, but they can almost keep up with IEM's twice the price. Sexy looking things, and quite solid build quality. O.K. they are a tad on the big side for an IEM but they're a good sounding choice. 

Sennheiser CX 300 (and I'll included the Soundwise T4) - for all my rantings about fakes on fakeheadphones.com, they are pretty compact and good sounding things. I know i've often written that "i'm not a big fan of the CX range.", but in reality they're not a bad choice.... if you can get your hands on a genuine pair! Small, comfortable, convenient 

can I just add that although they get a lot of bad press I quite enjoyed the Shure SE110's. I didn't at first, but they did grow on me. 

Jun 13, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #10 of 29
1. Audio Technica CK10: the most comfortable and best built iem I have ever owned..great treble with speed so excellent phone for trance
2. Ortofon e-Q7: great mids, great bass and good highs. one of the most balanced phones i've ever had
3. Head Direct RE0: incredibly smooth and most neutral phone i've ever had

Jun 13, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #12 of 29
Etymotic ER6i: My first foray into better quality IEM's and they were lovely and I would still have them today except I went through two pairs and they both broke!

Denon C700. Lovely headphone, nice and rich sounding but with detail and very comfortable.

Sennheiser IE8. The best so far for me, once burned in they offer a natural sound that makes me forget I am listening to audio and instead get fully immersed in the emotion of the music, what it is all about really!

Jun 13, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #15 of 29
1. CK10 - unbeatable speed and detail, very flat all the way down with a relatively inoffensive spike in the treble. Good imaging, good soundstaging, superb separation. Picking up the finest details has never been so easy. Build quality second only to the CK100.

2. CK100 - richer midrange than the CK10 with more midbass. Not nearly as flat but more musical. Treble detail second only to the CK10. Unfortunately very picky with sources. Astonishingly well-built.

3. Cyclone PR1 Pro - simply unbeatable bang/buck. 85-90% of the RE0 at half the price, and that's considering the RE0 is already an amazing deal. Near-perfect balance, massive soundstage, very good separation and positioning. I am still blown away by how good they are for the money every single time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back